VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the hecho en mexico vw's in general built the same as the german made?

any quality issues between the two?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
people prob say there are differences but i dont think so.... do german people build better things??? even in germany it is still a crappy assemebly line job that they prob dont take great pride in... just like the americans building cars here or the mexicans building our cars there... niether of them get insentives(sp?) to build a greater car. would you do a better job if nobody noticed the quality of work you were doing... no baecause you just dont care. bottom line, the germans dont care, the mexicans dont care

just my opinion

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
big dub, i bagged a differ. i feel that in Germany they take great pride in their work. and same in Mexico. doenst matter where the car is built cuz VW still has to ensure that the quality is better then competitors. if you look at the leather seats for instance, VW has no bunching while all American cars will have some.

now no, i dont think there are any differences between built in Wolfsburg and built in Mexico.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I have heard that the vws built in Mexico generally have more problems than ones built in Germany or Brazil. Just what I have heard.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Personally, I made sure both my motors came from Germany, but the final assembly wasn't as important to me. My NB was asembled in mexico, and my GTI in Germany. The only thing I have noticed is that my panels seem to be lined up a little tighter than the beetles, but that could be because they are making 50 billion beetles a day. I don't think they are going to see significant differences in build quality, but keep in mind that the german employees typically will be more educated and higher paid than the mexican counterpart.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimmayGTi:
in Germany they take great pride in their work. and same in Mexico. doenst matter where the car is built cuz VW still has to ensure that the quality is better then competitors<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok... maybe they do take pride in there work but if they dont and no one notices we still end up getting door panels and and dashes that rattle like a mofo... i dont think our complaints actually go to the assembly line in mexico and germany and the workers get fired

... damn rattling dash

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Do we have much choose in the matter .I thought all the vw we get here are assembled in mexico.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
If I was given a choice between Mexico made and German made. Guess what my choice would be. For those who can't guess it would be German made.

Bart... (Based on your opinion which you are of course entitled to) you would close your eyes and make your choice like that right? Since they are equal? Ahhhhhhhh.... that's right dude.

[ May 14, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
When I worked for BMW ,I was told that in our country we received the shitty models.I coundn't believe that!The ones we get here in the U.S.A. are slower and not as well built as the german counterparts.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I personally think that VW that are made in Germany are definately better then the once in made in Mexico or Brazil. I do not have the facts to prove it but I'd rather have a German build it then a Mexican but that has to do with the working conditions also. The factories are different over there then they are here or in Mexico or Brazil. Germany is one of the top leading countries in the world while Brazil and Mexico are considered more Poor. But then again I might be wrong but that is just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Well unfortunately, I did not have a choice for mine. I got the last 2000 on the lot, if I was to get a 2001 my payments would have been quite a bit higher. But it almost seems obvious to go with the German made one, but aren't the cast majority of them from Mexico?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yeah if i had to choose i would get a german built but thats just because vw... germany.. german built... makes sense but i bet the german built ones have just as many problems as mexican or brazilian built VWs

my dad got a X-5... all the parts were form germany but assembled in the US.. ha now talk about crappy workers that dont care about what they are doing

·
Registered
28 Posts
i believe the only cars that we received that were actually built in germany were the wolfburgs edition and the de's all the other ones were built in mexico except for the vr6's which were built in brazil. No matter which you have they are imo all built to the same specs

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm thinking that there are no more problems likes the germans,but there are different models,also you can't say that there are more problems likes the germans

have a look on www.vw.com.br

·
Registered
893 Posts
ok heres my opinion...

fight imigration ...... we need more VWs!!!

I dont think it matters where your car is made.. its a VW ppl.... OK... they all look the same... mine was made in mexico and im sure the little men and women take lots of pride in their jobs because hey... the will never have to worry about losing their jobs as long as us crazy kids keep buying dubz...where your dubby was made should not change how much you love it right!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My sticker very clearly stated that my country of origin and assembly wass Germany, except for the tranny, which came from Brazil.

The one I ordered(before deciding on this one) was gonna take 4 months to get to me b/c it was coming from Germany and had to sit in Houston for a week before it could be unloaded.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts