VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying the Hella Micro DE fogs for my 2001 GTI. But I already have the Factory fogs in the headlight bucket.
Can I add them and use the factory HDL switch?? or do I need a seperate switch??

Or am I just wasting my time and money?

There are 2 main reasons why I want them.
1: They look awesome on the car.
2: They output of them is incredible, Had the Stock DE's on my 95 Jetta and they were awesome. Nice beamn pattern and light outout.

Has anyone else did this? Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just put them on my Jetta, the wiring takes literally 10 minutes. It all plugs right in. The switch Hella gives you isn't bad either -- push button with a red and green LED's. Great beam pattern and great look, but you know that already, much more powerful than the stock fogs.

Also you could get the Euro switch and hook the extra fogs up to the rear fog switch.

[ August 06, 2003: Message edited by: JimmyC ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i'm just curious is your gti a 1.8t or a vr6. if it's a 1.8t the light on the passenger side may obstruct the intercooler and basically render your intercooler useless.

[ August 06, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hella sells a slightly different vent/fog light housing part for 1.8T's, from what I gathered when I bought mine. My Micro DE's came with a remote control, which you can attach to your dash or keep tucked away somewhere. It would avoid any nasty wiring snafu's!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts