VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone got a small problem im not top quite sure what it is. My check engine light came on yesterday and i have no idea what for. I was in traffic second gear when bang out of nowhere it goes up. I havent done any new installs lately that would cause it either. Help me out boys is it a mile set thing do i need to go in for a check up or is there something wrong. If it helps i just hit 76000 miles.

·
Registered
273 Posts
mine went on for no reason a little bit ago. it's no big deal unless it's blinking, just don't drive too hard just in case. since mine was solid i just took it in a few days later and got the 35k service while it was there. you could do the same thing if you need it serviced around now anyway, killz two birds wit one stone fo shizzle

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
Could be anything? A simple reset, O2 sensor, running to rich. You can tell until they would hook up and get the ecode.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a kicker though... do not drive with it running too rich or too lean... you will eventually ruin your catalytic converter. I learned a very important fact the other day from my bro...

Catalytic converter never breaks down on it's own... it is always caused by another party.

Just a little hint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts