VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Isn't a MIL and a CEL the same thing?

Mafunction Indicator Lamp = Check Engine Lamp

I think there is a Vagcom tool that you can buy to reset the fault codes if you do set them off. I have heard more problems coming from the intake than the exhaust side. Just make sure you keep the O2 sensors happy

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah rosstech makes one. i think its www.rosstech.com you need a laptop and then the program and software comes to you for like 199$ i used one, its nice to have. you can download the program off kazaa i think but then the adaptor is still like 75 bucks from radio shack i think.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatcoolGTI:
If I do a custom D/P and cat-back whould I need MILs to prevent the CEL from coming on??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should not have to reprogram at all. If the CEL light would come on you most likely would just need to reset your battery to turn it off. But again you should not have any troubles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah im sorry MIL eliminators, or CEL eliminators, is what I meant. SO the CAI sets CEL off more than full exhaust huh.. hmmmmm????

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
say if I were to remove the CAT. and run 3" D/P to about were the cat whould be but itll be a test pipe,then 2 1/2" pipe to a obviously low back pressure muff, w/ all the O2s in thr proper spots, whould that set a CEL????

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the cats on these cars are awsome from the get go then thats good. Thanks for the info, If I can figure out how to get a pic of my D/P and cat back posted, Ill do so ASAP....Thanks again!

·
Registered
158 Posts
if you replace the DP, you must replace the cat as well, either w/ a high-flow cat, straight pipe, or a dumptube like me-but you can keep the stock cat back if you wish(read the link below) The stock dp and cat are one piece, and if you've ever seen it, you'd laugh your ass off. so many useless bends and turns and the cat is HUGE.

here's a pic of the ATP dp i have compared to the stock piece.

if you want to know about my dumptube setup- read this----

DUMPTUBE

·
Registered
158 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WU-CHILD:
if you replace the DP, you must replace the cat as well, either w/ a high-flow cat, straight pipe, or a dumptube like me-but you can keep the stock cat back if you wish(read the link below) The stock dp and cat are one piece, and if you've ever seen it, you'd laugh your ass off. so many useless bends and turns and the cat is HUGE. here's a pic of the ATP dp i have compared to the stock piece.

if you want to know about my dumptube setup- read this----

DUMPTUBE
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ATP V. STOCK

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
There is no gain from removing the cat. They have done flow tests on the low restriction cats and it was not a noticeable difference between that and a straight pipe, you are just f'in up the environment faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts