VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Do you have a cat back exhaust too? If not, then really nothing. If you have a cat back exhaust then it will add a few extras horsies.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i allways gut mine and weld a straight pipe in passes a visual that is my high dolla high flow cat mod LOL

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onebadassgti:
i allways gut mine and weld a straight pipe in passes a visual that is my high dolla high flow cat mod LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And its good for the environment too!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onebadassgti:
i allways gut mine and weld a straight pipe in passes a visual that is my high dolla high flow cat mod LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have to get tested for emissions? I would imagine that wouldn't pass. Also, on a car that is made for a catalytic converter, you can actually hurt your cars performance by doing this. You will throw all sorts of codes because of the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well actually it does pass here cause all we have is a visual inspection LOL and also it is better for the Ozone layer Cats produce N20 as a by product wich is more harmfull to the ozone layer but not to the human HMMM wich one do you want a lil more smog or skin cancer LOL factories are the main producer of poor air o well enough of that

·
Registered
400 Posts
As far as the O2 sensor throwing codes doesnt happen on a A2 the car has alot more mid range and upper end power on a A3 or A4 wich is OBD2 yeah iam sure it will

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
As far as the O2 sensor throwing codes doesnt happen on a A2 the car has alot more mid range and upper end power on a A3 or A4 wich is OBD2 yeah iam sure it will<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I was unaware it was an MK2.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Well actually it does pass here cause all we have is a visual inspection LOL and also it is better for the Ozone layer Cats produce N20 as a by product wich is more harmfull to the ozone layer but not to the human HMMM wich one do you want a lil more smog or skin cancer LOL factories are the main producer of poor air o well enough of that<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, actually a CAT produces H2O, while removing the production of Hydro carbons and Ozone by combining them into water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i think the weld job would kick ass

so why are people worried about the ozone when your breathe stinks and the other person is taking in the vomit from another person...whoo cares if onebadassgti is doing a kick ass thinking process on the weld job...it works and it is affordable...the passing is not an issue and well i think that kicks ass....good thinking one bad ass man...shove off with the intellect on the ozone...this is not an enviromental class...this is the dub class of life...
andrew

ps i am sorry if this affends anyone...yet...let's get real and...not debate our knowings on the ozone...shove off...put the foot down on that pedal and burn that up in the pipe

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
BOLD

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Re: i think the weld job would kick ass

cloudy mkIII said:

ps i am sorry if this affends anyone...yet...let's get real and...not debate our knowings on the ozone...shove off...put the foot down on that pedal and burn that up in the pipe

This topic has come up a few times on here... Pretty much all of us agree that for the few HP gain its not worth hurting the air... For your childern, and grandchildren... As a newbie you have some balls calling people out for voicing their concerns on the testpipe...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts

cloudy mkIII said:
so why are people worried about the ozone when your breathe stinks and the other person is taking in the vomit from another person...whoo cares if onebadassgti is doing a kick ass thinking process on the weld job...it works and it is affordable...the passing is not an issue and well i think that kicks ass....good thinking one bad ass man...shove off with the intellect on the ozone...this is not an enviromental class...this is the dub class of life...
andrew

Words cannot express how ignorant you sound.

·
Registered
335 Posts

Tommunist said:
cloudy mkIII said:
andrew

Words cannot express how ignorant you sound.
seconded.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
fli gti said:
No, actually a CAT produces H2O, while removing the production of Hydro carbons and Ozone by combining them into water.
Yep, a perfect combustion of fuel produces H20 and CO2. The platinum in the cat causes the improperly burned CO and other nasty stuff to change into a less harmful byproduct. That is, when the cat reaches its light off temp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts