VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, planning some mods on my g/f's golf, i need to know how to remove the side view mirrors, and how to run wire through the door. TIA...

·
Registered
141 Posts
it aint easy, to run the wire you gotta drill a small hole next to the black tube thingy between the door and the body, then you gotta poke a small hole through the black hose thingy and run the wire into the tube through that, keep feeding it and it will end up inside the door, you gotta be WICKED FUCKING CAREFUL cause you gotta run the wire around and out of the path of the glass in the window, so what you have to do is test it with the door panel off and then roll the window down so if the wire does get in the way of the window you can fix and rerun it before you put the door back together. This site shows how to run the wires inside the doors.. it's a power window install but it has some useful info about running the wires into the door. http://www.a1electric.com/install/vw/vw02.htm

good luck if you have ne ques let me know, i'll send u pictures of how i ran the wires for my signal mirrors

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the exact mod that i'm doing, so those pics would fuckin rock!!!!! My e-mail is [email protected]. Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh oh, what's this? Could that be one of the new turning signal mirrors that just arrived today?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Derek:
Uh oh, what's this? Could that be one of the new turning signal mirrors that just arrived today?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just one?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, there's two, just too lazy to unwrap the other one for a picture. The pictures you'll see in the next couple of weeks will look way better anyways. Pics of the new windshield rear view mirror and these mirrors installed shall be up soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts