VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've settled on two great looking 89 Jettas for my revived MK2 Project Car 2003. One's an automatic and closer to home (10 miles away), while the other's a manual in Delaware (60some miles away). I've heard some horror stories about a few MK2 automatics, though it's actually cheaper for me to grab it and closer to home. I'm eager to get the manual just cause it's much more fun to drive it. What do you guys (and gals) think? Any supplemental advice/history on the MK2 auto/manual experience would be helpful as well, thanks in advance!

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: Nitecrawlah2 ]

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
the autos can't handle too much power. If you wanna do any performance mods you're gonna trash it real quick. Get the manual. It'll save you money in the long run. And they're a lot more fun anyway.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
aight, what i might say might affend some of you auto drivers, and i am not trying to, but....Autos are for bitches or old ppl that are too lazy! seriously, manual is just so much better! hands down manual. its only 60 some miles. thats not bad!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimmayGTi:
aight, what i might say might affend some of you auto drivers, and i am not trying to, but....Autos are for bitches or old ppl that are too lazy! seriously, manual is just so much better! hands down manual. its only 60 some miles. thats not bad!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was gonna say the exact same thing and decided against it. Thanx for having the guts to speak the truth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts