VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 golf base model and rebuilding a 1.8 8v (will probably be bored larger) and wanted to put in a supercharger for more low end power and torque. What one will fit though? Does just about any fit with a bit of modifying or will on bolt in easier than another? Or would it be better to get high compression piston/ get my head milled. If so how much clearance do i have between the valves and piston (cam will be ground to around 270)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Corrado G60's G ladder supercharger or lysholm supercharger would be best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I
One of my G60s , my charger
I have a 1985 golf base model and rebuilding a 1.8 8v (will probably be bored larger) and wanted to put in a supercharger for more low end power and torque. What one will fit though? Does just about any fit with a bit of modifying or will on bolt in easier than another? Or would it be better to get high compression piston/ get my head milled. If so how much clearance do i have between the valves and piston (cam will be ground to around 270)
i have a g60 with a twin screw charger from Bahn Brenner Motorsport with a 60 mm pulls and I love it and with the kit it was relatively easy to install

1 - 6 of 6 Posts