VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just calling down from Canada.
I have just picked up a nice little vw jetta and now I want to play a little with it.
I've been looking into suspension but alas I have new clue what to go for.
Can anyone tell me if the benifits of coilovers is worth the cash one would have to shell out as compaired to standard spring and cup sets. Aslo, do Coilovers still require the purchase of shocks or do they usualy come with them.
I'm thinking either Eibach or H&R

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
coilovers are a shock and spring combined that is adjustable. Usually up to several inches. They are much firmer and if you really want good handling or you're going for a big drop coilovers are the way to go. If it's for a more daily driving car which might see some autocrossing then spring shock combo would do fine. But the fact that you can slam it in the summer then jack it back up for the snow is a good deal. I wanna get some hopfully in the next year or two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wicked thanx alot eah.
I do admit I am more of a daily driver, but the thought of being able to slam my car when I want and raise it when needed is highly apealing. Also I have heard that the coilovers help the car handle better in turns as compared to spring and shock sets.
Do you happen to have any brand in higher regard than an other by any chance?

·
Registered
526 Posts
fk's are nice so i hear..and kw coilovers look killer.. shop around pick what u like thats in your price range

·
Registered
131 Posts
H&R make a phat coilover kit, that is if you have 1200+ sittin around haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts