VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi everyone... i am new to this site and new to VW. i just bought my father-out-laws 1994 VW jetta 2.0 5 speed approx 100,000 miles, very well maint-its whole life.

engine has a very severe " miss " under light load or cruising (only when the engine is cold). it accelerates hard no prob. (after about 7-8 mins it runs GREAT)

thing i tried and the local VW guy tired so far...new wires, plugs, O2 sensor, cap, rotor, even tried swapping the computer with another one like it ...any guesses (it was had the fuel tank replaced a while ago... problem seemed to start shortly afterwards)

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
i would start by replacing the fuel filter, during the fuel tank change debris could have got stuck in the filter or lines. Then i would suspect fuel pump if that didnt fix it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try also running some fuel injector/engine treatment through the gas tank. Spend a little more on a high quality brand and for $10 or so it may solve your problem.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Seafoam, run half a can through a full complete tank. Then change your fuel filter. See if it makes any diff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts