VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I’ve got a 2002 gti 1.8t That has a unitronic stage 2 tune. Not sure on the engine miles but compression is a little low at 140-150 on all cylinders . The car runs fine once it’s started once I start accelerating I have very little power and it seems as if I’m building no boost at all. I’ve got another 1.8t Jetta that’s my daily and I’ve been using that to confirm if parts are bad or not. It’s throwing a code p0341 for the camshaft position sensor. I’ve replaced the camshaft position sensor with an aftermarket one but also swapped in the genuine factory one from my Jetta and it made no difference. The car usually takes a few tries to start and with a small backfire everytime it doesn’t start, sometimes a very loud one. Sometimes it will start the 1st time but only when it’s cold. I know the timing is perfect on the belt and it’s as close as I can get it on the chain as it has stretched a little bit. The car idles fine and accelerates without any misfires or stutters but I have no boost at all. Also when I have the maf plugged in it just died at idle but with the maf unplugged the car idles and accelerates fine. I swapped the maf from my Jetta in and put the gti one in the Jetta and it made no difference to the gti and the Jetta still runs perfect with the maf from the gti. I’m not sure if I need a new tensioner for the cam chain but I don’t wanna drop money on a new one just for that to not be the problem so I figured I would ask everyone on here. It’s also throwing a code for the o2 sensors but I’m not sure if those would cause me to have very little boost or not. I also have a break booster that’s leaking but I just plugged off the vacuum line on the intake manifold until I get a new one. If you took the time to read through all of this thank you very much and let me know if you have an idea to what’s goin on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It’s also got a brand new crank position sensor and I’ve got a fmic and custom piping that I have yet to do a boost leak test on. I’ve got a boost gauge that reads 18 psi (in hg) at idle and then no matter how fast or slow I accelerate it never goes over 0psi. I’ve also swapped the throttle body and it made no difference. I’ve got a new coolant temp sensor as well

1 - 2 of 2 Posts