VW Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
So what'd you do, weld it to your catback? Or did you weld on a flange to the testpipe so it bolted up to the catback
It's welded onto the catback. I'ts temporary though. I've got a high flow cat, and cat back system on the way from 42dd.
Once I get the new catback I'm giving my buddy my old magnaflow muffler.
Not sure what I'll do with the Test pipe.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hah, it's a thread about turboing a 2.0, fuck it.

You can send the test pipe my way :D I'll pay like 25 + shipping for it
You've got a deal my friend! I don't take Paypal though.
I'll let you know when it's off my car.
hahah my DP is better than this 2.0 thread by far. pssst was interested in it too.
Pretty good deal for $100.

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
In theory I believe a 2.0 can be as fast as just about any other 4 cylinder out there. Cody will probably hate on this comment but ironically we just talked about this a few days ago.
I seen a few 400+ 8v hondas out there on a built motor and I seen a few 250-350 stock motor 8v hondas. So why can't a better engineered motor see the same numbers? We are so used to people tuning vrs and 1.8ts when the aeg 2.0 has no credit what so ever. The power is slim on the aeg from factory but yet they are peppy as fuck and why cause I believe the compression is higher up there then a 1.8t and if you could cut it down a bit and maintain a little bit higher compression then the 1.8t then power will be there.
No I am not praising the 2.0 cause I am gonna swap a 1.8t but I mean there can be gains in a 2.0 if you know what your doing. There a couple well tuned turbo aegs putting down boosted vrs around me and its crazy as hell. This one guy is in the middle of a full motor build 20 over forged pistons total cost in parts were around 950 that includes hbeam rods, arp hardware, head spacer, holset h1 turbo. He is in the middle of machine work for the car which will include boreing, rehone, beadblast, hot tank, rifle drilling, and assembly but i left out the polished crank. I am looking forward to seeing how this thing turns out. He didnt tell me how he was tuning it but he said he has that undercontrol and he is doing more than a basic c2 ecu flash. His compression is a little higher on the forged pistons also. Now in order to reach the power this guy is planning on reaching ud have to do the same work on a 1.8t maybe not a vr but a 1.8t deff.

But if you know what your doing and not afraid to try something different than go for a turbo aeg but not many people will give you support on it. That is just how it is so if you dont do it right you better not post anything on the build but i am telling you itll be a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
828 Posts
In theory I believe a 2.0 can be as fast as just about any other 4 cylinder out there. Cody will probably hate on this comment but ironically we just talked about this a few days ago.
I seen a few 400+ 8v hondas out there on a built motor and I seen a few 250-350 stock motor 8v hondas. So why can't a better engineered motor see the same numbers? We are so used to people tuning vrs and 1.8ts when the aeg 2.0 has no credit what so ever. The power is slim on the aeg from factory but yet they are peppy as fuck and why cause I believe the compression is higher up there then a 1.8t and if you could cut it down a bit and maintain a little bit higher compression then the 1.8t then power will be there.
No I am not praising the 2.0 cause I am gonna swap a 1.8t but I mean there can be gains in a 2.0 if you know what your doing. There a couple well tuned turbo aegs putting down boosted vrs around me and its crazy as hell. This one guy is in the middle of a full motor build 20 over forged pistons total cost in parts were around 950 that includes hbeam rods, arp hardware, head spacer, holset h1 turbo. He is in the middle of machine work for the car which will include boreing, rehone, beadblast, hot tank, rifle drilling, and assembly but i left out the polished crank. I am looking forward to seeing how this thing turns out. He didnt tell me how he was tuning it but he said he has that undercontrol and he is doing more than a basic c2 ecu flash. His compression is a little higher on the forged pistons also. Now in order to reach the power this guy is planning on reaching ud have to do the same work on a 1.8t maybe not a vr but a 1.8t deff.

But if you know what your doing and not afraid to try something different than go for a turbo aeg but not many people will give you support on it. That is just how it is so if you dont do it right you better not post anything on the build but i am telling you itll be a pain in the ass.
Isn't the pep from the tranny? The 2.0s are geared shorter to give it a peppy feel.
Can you turbo a 2.0? Sure. You can put a turbo on anything. Is it worth it? All that work for .2 liters? Nope.
I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying from a budgeted view, most people don't have the funds, or knowledge to make a boosted 2.0.

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
Isn't the pep from the tranny? The 2.0s are geared shorter to give it a peppy feel.
Can you turbo a 2.0? Sure. You can put a turbo on anything. Is it worth it? All that work for .2 liters? Nope.
I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying from a budgeted view, most people don't have the funds, or knowledge to make a boosted 2.0.
The tranny is geared better but budget speaking any car will be expensive if you mod it and if you don't know enough about modding you should stay away from it.
I was just stating that 2.slows have more potential then people give them credit for. For some reason bigger turbos spool nicely on a 2.sloww.
Budget speaking also the one kid doing that big aeg build here is his story.
Wants a 400+hp car grew up in drag racing.
The most hed get for his car is 2800 with high miles.
U can hardly find a clean low mileage 1.8t for under 5k by me.
so thats about 2.2k extra to get it to that 400+ goal hed have to put 5k or more in the car. So right there hes sitting at 7k maybe more. His budget is 5k just because he knows someone who does machining. Found his t3 flanged holset off a dodge cummins for 150 with not play. Tuning like i said idk what hes doing but its roughly the same thing. Budget speaking hes ahead.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I do agree with you though, simply throwing a turbo on a car wont really do anything esp with a 2.0.
Word, if he's ahead of budget then I don't really have a case. haha.
I wanna see this when he is done. You'll have to post the final product.
I definitely think it can be done, but it seems like a ton of work.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
sounds like an intense build.. yeah.. honestly..

its there.. the power can be attained.. yes. alot of machining.. as u just saw.. 20 over pistons.. will it rape? yeah probably.. parts cheap.. yeah not bad.. heres the kick in the ass.. the amount of time. the amount it costs for machine work. and after all of that.. who the hell knows if its even reliable?

dude.. seriously.. save your coin.. swap a vr or 1.8t. chip it.. k04. call it a day. ur reliable.. ur quick/semi fast (comparing to supras n shit our cars are usually semi fast... fast to me.. 10 or less 1/4 times)... but u get what im saying? or sell it.. and buy a 1.8t.. oh.. found this out too..

if u get a new car.. look into 1.8t jettas.. happen to be a shit ton cheaper then 1.8t gti's.. resale and insurance.

·
Registered
828 Posts
sounds like an intense build.. yeah.. honestly..

its there.. the power can be attained.. yes. alot of machining.. as u just saw.. 20 over pistons.. will it rape? yeah probably.. parts cheap.. yeah not bad.. heres the kick in the ass.. the amount of time. the amount it costs for machine work. and after all of that.. who the hell knows if its even reliable?

dude.. seriously.. save your coin.. swap a vr or 1.8t. chip it.. k04. call it a day. ur reliable.. ur quick/semi fast (comparing to supras n shit our cars are usually semi fast... fast to me.. 10 or less 1/4 times)... but u get what im saying? or sell it.. and buy a 1.8t.. oh.. found this out too..

if u get a new car.. look into 1.8t jettas.. happen to be a shit ton cheaper then 1.8t gti's.. resale and insurance.

x2
The Jetta has 2 more doors than the Gti I believe.
Way less on insurance.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Nate, so you know all SOHC Honda 4 cylinders are 16v at least in the last 20 years or so.

UTMKIV, it won't matter you can keep the bung, I'm putting the 02 sensor in it and just having APR block the code from the ECU....problem solved.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Nate, so you know all SOHC Honda 4 cylinders are 16v at least in the last 20 years or so.

UTMKIV, it won't matter you can keep the bung, I'm putting the 02 sensor in it and just having APR block the code from the ECU....problem solved.
Damn you can do that? I had no idea...
What's that gonna do?
Alright, well in that case, I'll let you know when it's off!

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts

beg the differ cody
the d15z8 was made from 92-95 and it was a sohc 8v in one of the tuner mags whether it was superstreet or import tuner but the guy hit around 500 or 600hp with it

·
Registered
828 Posts
yea im not a honda fan which is why i am givin credit to a 2.sloww
Better than a Honda by far!
I think the reason people build Hondas is there is soo many damn parts out there.
That's where the engine swap craze started.
I blame fast and the furious.
I wish I lived in a world where $100k under a s2k's hood is acceptable.
9 second jettas.
I think they breathed nos in that movie too. I can't even tell you guys how rediculous it is out here.
I've seen at least 3 of those Green ass 2g Eclipses.
I've witnessed over 10 mk III jettas with the same paint job.

Don't ever come to Utah.
The serious dubbers are cool. Problem is there is very few serious ones.
I've seen a jetta with a 2x4 as a spoiler. It wasn't painted, or sanded. Just screwed screwed! onto the metal spoiler holders (I really have no clue what they are called...)
Turrible.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts