·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Damn you can do that? I had no idea...
What's that gonna do?
Alright, well in that case, I'll let you know when it's off!
Sweet, any reason you don't take paypal? That's really the only form of payment I prefer when purchasing things from people I don't really know..

I'm sure there are a couple motors...boggles my mind why they would choose an 8v SOHC Honda motor to turbo over a 16v SOHC when motor swaps in Honda's are so easy and cheap...strange

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sweet, any reason you don't take paypal? That's really the only form of payment I prefer when purchasing things from people I don't really know..

I'm sure there are a couple motors...boggles my mind why they would choose an 8v SOHC Honda motor to turbo over a 16v SOHC when motor swaps in Honda's are so easy and cheap...strange

There are a few reasons I don't have PayPal
1. Laziness. enough said
2. I know people that work for paypal
3. Ebay owns paypal.

I just never got it, and don't know if I will.
I'm sending a MO for a shirt. hahaha.
Maybe I'll get paypal. It's getting a little inconvenient.
I might be willing to trade if you have anything kickin around.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
There are a few reasons I don't have PayPal
1. Laziness. enough said
2. I know people that work for paypal
3. Ebay owns paypal.

I just never got it, and don't know if I will.
I'm sending a MO for a shirt. hahaha.
Maybe I'll get paypal. It's getting a little inconvenient.
I might be willing to trade if you have anything kickin around.
Trades are kinda hard to do across states...I do have a satin black jetta grille hanging around, but that's about it for MK IV parts. If you get paypal consider my $25 bucks YOUR $25 bucks :)

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
well heres the question
you work for eurotuner and you have to write a feature, what do you pick a 400hp 8v aeg or one of 30 400hp 20v 1.8ts? It stands out maybe the guy wanted to grab attention or maybe to prove a point. Everyone is to into what's easier now than what's different

·
Registered
828 Posts
Trades are kinda hard to do across states...I do have a satin black jetta grille hanging around, but that's about it for MK IV parts. If you get paypal consider my $25 bucks YOUR $25 bucks :)
ehhhhh I like my kamei...
I think I'll bite the bullet and get paypal.
I've been meaning to "up" my membership on here anyway.
I should have paypal by the time the pipe comes off.
As of right now consider my test pipe YOUR test pipe.
I may even throw in some of the steel wool that came with it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
well heres the question
you work for eurotuner and you have to write a feature, what do you pick a 400hp 8v aeg or one of 30 400hp 20v 1.8ts? It stands out maybe the guy wanted to grab attention or maybe to prove a point. Everyone is to into what's easier now than what's different
Yeah, I can see your point. If I was gonna build a car for speed though I wouldn't want to limit myself just because I want to be recognized...but maybe I'm just crazy :p

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
Yea, the car was deff built for speed I think it actually had more than the power I said I will find you a link but the hp isn't limited as much as we all think.

Twin turbo built v8s struggle for 1000hp now think about this brent rau has a 1200+ hp 4g63 eclipse that runs 6s and John Shepherd has a stock bodied talon that runs 7s with probably 1000-1200hp they both have a single turbo four banger and they still have more potential. They have been getting the same shit 8vs and sohcs have been getting. The 2.3 mustangs are sohc and some of those are pulling 8s. The performance market is just as slim. When you get into power like that you start thinking of ways to work with what you have to get what you want. You have more bottom end power then top end the bigger turbo is better for mid to topend power so in a way it balances it out. I could be wrong about all of this if I am please correct me but what stops people from tuning 2.0s is the lack of performance parts right? Thats where fab skills come in handy. Damn I love these vwforum convos.

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
Thats true the 2.0 wont worth doing it Turbo
Um I really like your supporting facts you truly are the king of this discussion haha

If you are someone new to tuning, new to modifications, don't have fabricating skills, should I say if you don't know how to change your oil, a 2.0 is not worth turboing.
But if your someone who in the great words of napoleon dynamite"has skills" the power gains can be worth it but if you have the same skills youd also consider doing an aeg hybrid motor.
Lets put this discussion to a close. haha
BTW cody i was wrong about that civic all though it was sohc it was a 16v and it had a 700+ hp out put. but i swear to god I saw a 8v honda in a mag with a nice power output.
If you are curious to see the 700hp d16 here you go. Honda SOHC D16 Engine Build - AEM Series 2 Ignition - Super Street Magazine
This was pretty fun I stick to my theory and when i get ahold of this kid with his aeg build ill get pics and maybe I will map out a build to do someday. If i did it would have to be with a golf haha but yes. Why can't the forums have more discussions like this.

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
I do have a satin black jetta grille hanging around, but that's about it for MK IV parts.

what kind of condition and how satin is satin, textured at all?

I may grab it off you since UTMKIV did not want it and not paint mine this week. shoot me a pic ASAP and i may just have you drag it up north next weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
alright that sounds good, thing is i do enjoy my 2.0, its got 90k miles and still drives good, i just wanted to work on it a little, add a few things, although performace wise i cant really get much more out of the engine, i guess ill have to shift towards looks, maybe change a few things, add HIDs, im not sure if a body kit is worth it, next im thinking new exhaust system, although id like it to sound nice, i dont want it to break the sound berrier.

also where would you recommend i order the chip from?as well as the CAI?

thanks, if you have any comments or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
I simply put a flex pipe right after the manifold.
She's quiet a/f in idle, and has a solid humble rumble from engine bay (not the fart can effect) when being pushed. I'm sure the Cai will add to the engine sound nicely. Like a ninja. Bahah

41 - 53 of 53 Posts