VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, sorry if this has been posted before, but i'm new to all this, but i've just purchased a nice mk4 golf gti t 1.8 and i'd like to say it's awesome...

anyway, i need some help and as i couldn't find the a-team
i thought someone here might be able to help.

i have a mindisk head unit (mdx-c670rds) and i've just got a CDX-505RF 10 cd changer. i know that the golf hasn't got one, but i have no idea where to mount it or what i need in the way of mounting brackets or anything.

any help you can provide will be very much appreciated!

thanks in advance.

G

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
First welcome and thanks for joing VWF. Secondly congrats on your new purchase, I see the itch didn't take long to start modding. I'm not sure if you are aware but the Golf/GTI has the perfect hideaway place for the changer in hatch on the left side. Here is a pic of my 6 disc changer.

I don't know what came with your changer mounting wise but really all the supplies you can pickup at your local hardware store.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, this is more a technical question than a vw related question!

thanks for the advice on where to mount the changer, db, but i've since found out that the cd changer uses rf modulation to connect to the radio. i don't know if it's compatible with my head unit.

does anyone know? if so what parts do i need? sony, unfortunately, aren't being very helpful...

·
Registered
18 Posts
What you have is an RF modulator changer. This basically means that the sound from the changer plays through one of your radio stations on your head unit. Changers like these usually include a control/display panel that you mount somewhere on your dash.

Pretty much you can use this changer with any car stereo, factory or aftermarket, only you don't control the changer(track up, track down, etc) with the head unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts