VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I hope you all are doing well in the current situation of Coronavirus Lockdown, I do hope youre keeping safe and healthy.

Quick introduction about myself, I am 18 years got my drivers license recently and have about 5 grand (euro) to throw at a car. I was looking into second hand cars and I found 2 different VW Golfs MK4 GTI. One is the 2004 model with 180hp in black (I assume, if I have done my research correctly...) 3 door with 210k kilometers on it with general maintenence done such as the distribution, new tires and all of the oils aswell as Eibach lowering springs and a aftermarket radio. The other one I am eyeing is a 2001 model with 150hp in silver (again, if I did my research correctly) 5 door with 160k kilometers on it. Comes with new tires, a new battery, a sunroof as well as a tear in the drivers seat, saggy headliner and what appears to be water leakage by the sunroof. Black one owner is asking for 3500 euro (negotiable) and the silver 3000 (negotiable)

My question for you guys is... Are the cars I'm looking at, or considering, a good choice? What are some problems I could run in? Maintenence costs? Is the car reliable? What can I expect? I have been looking around and other forums and the internet in general.

I know, this question has probably been asked a gazillion times...

Other car I have been considering and looking at would be a VW Passat B5.5 2003 2.5L V6 4motion TDI estate/touring. Anyone have any experience with those???

Any input at all is appreciated

Thank you very much,

Keep safe and healthy,

Milt

·
Registered
7 Posts
think the prices make sense from what you described. youll need to take extra care with that many kms behind it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts