VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I am just starting to get into the turbo tuning scene. I recently bought a used 02 Gli 1.8t and have yet to mod it drastically but I have a friend who owns a tuning shop in cherry hill Nj who is helping me out. I recently ordered 1.)*Timing*belt*kit 2.) Forge bov 3.) Wpn R dragon intake 4.) Godspeed downpipe 5.) Tien lowering springs. If anybody has any suggestions I would love to hear from you guys. Keep it Dub

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would return the BOV and get the 007 Diverter valve, (better option on these cars). turboback exhausts are not that expensive for the 1.8, I think the megan exhaust I had on mine was in the 3-400 range and sounded great.

this was with the 007 and a true CAI

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Return the bov, return the cai, return the lowering springs. Do all maintenance stuff first. Change a Mk the suspension bushings, and compentsll

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
your gunna ruin your car with the BOV and destroy your suspension with lowering springs on stock struts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did change out most of the suspension. I got Bilstien struts on stock springs and put change tie rods and bushing. Of course fist is the timing belt and all the serpentine belt with pulleys being replaced. Then I am getting the ram intake and the forge diverter valve( I am used to calling it a bov). Finally last is lowering. Maybe I will just get coil over but my struts and brand new. Any parts sites you guys recremmond? I mostly use ecs tuning and ngp racing.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
get a boost gauge. blackforesindustries.com

also, BSA tuning is good, they are a site sponsor.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
into the turbo tuning scene.

We have a scene. Why didn't I get that memo?

Do something cool and different, build it for you.
Basically how these motors work is, upgrade intake and exhaust, then turbo and fuel... depending on end goal get that tune or go eurodyne and not have to worry about it.
All mk4 parts, nearly, are easily found on google.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys rock. Thanks for the help and support. I am gonna check out bsa and prob make a wish list up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*UPDATE* Put a short ram intake (weather is to feisty for cold air and don't wanna flood my engine) and got a forge fmdv008 diverter valve. I noticed after I had swapped the intake o had a slight flutter from the stock dv and now now flutter and the car is running like a champ.

·
Registered
163 Posts
dam wish I had more time on my hands but yeah this guys are great!!!!
good luck with everything try getting an upgraded turbo inlet pipe for that short ram intake im going that route...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
dont get a godspeed downpipe. its cheap chinese welding and will crack. get a real downpipe. 42 draft designs has a great selection of awesome sounding exhausts. if you want to upgrade just the downpipe, get the valueline downpipe from them if your trying to save money. you best option would be to just buy a full turbobackl exhaust. (not from ebay)

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
Vwgli I had a Godspeed on my srt when I first got owner before had it on for 2 years and I had it on for about two years still looks great just went with a needswing dp with a cutout or I would have kept it.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Vwgli I had a Godspeed on my srt when I first got owner before had it on for 2 years and I had it on for about two years still looks great just went with a needswing dp with a cutout or I would have kept it.
ive heard some good about godspeed when it comes to intercoolers but not much about exhausts. i believe it though, sometimes the cheap stuff works fine. ive just read a lot of bad stories about godspeed and ebay downpipes cracking and being real thin and cheap, thats why i chose against them

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
a headache to get even decent fitment on the FMICs.
Thats the only thing thats keeping me from deciding on buying one of their FMICs. I would probably only buy one if i got an awesome deal on it. like 50 bucks. I think i might just do a tacotaco upgraded SMIC.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The actual fitment for mine was pretty much perfect. Granted I had to carve up my old oem bumper for a few hours. But I mean I've also seen some with awful fitment. It's a gamble, unless you go with eurojet or like you said a smic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts