VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an official MK4 windows/moonroof regulator Group Buy. ("If not interested don't reply" quote DB
)

1. TF242 ordered
2. putty808s ordered
3. VW013 ordered
4. AlwaysVeeDubbin ordered
5. Ivan ordered
6. Bora2021 ordered
7. RoLLinVDub ordered
8. {{{GONE}}}
9. {{{GONE}}}
10. {{{GONE}}}

TO FIND OUT MORE CHECK THIS THREAD

The price starts at $60 plus shipping. Since this is a group buy we are hoping to knock the price down.

Group Buy closed at 7 people the price is $52 including shipping !!!

Thank you all for participating and let's enjoy that awesome mod.

Jon, thanks for helping me out with this GB.

[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: Bora2021 ]

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm in...just give me the info on how to pay...

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RoLLinVDub:
when does the money have to be in by?

Emir
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After we get 10 people (which could be another week) probably 48 hours after that? So it is safe to say roughly 2 weeks time.

PS: Nice logo, dude.

[ April 24, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i'm sort of interested but i'm just curious on how you would close/open your windows with the key/remote?

would u press, for example, the unlock button and it would roll down the windows for you? would u have to insert your key in the door and turn it to the left(the same way u open ur windows) or would u have a separate remote?

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
Could we get the same price if we get 8, or maybe even $55 a pop or something?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK if it stays the way it is now they can do the modules at $52 shipped. (which I am fine with).

Please confirm if you guys are ready to do this or not ok? Or if you choose to wait for more peeps.

As per some requests here are some of the functions.

As per Landspeedusa's email:

"REMOTE WINDOW CONTROLLER
Basic Commands
The most basic function of the REMOTE WINDOW CONTROLLER is to allow you to remotely roll your car's windows up and down. You can ROLLDOWN, ROLLUP, or VENT windows. VENTing your windows leaves them open a slight amount, especially useful to allow heat to escape on hot days, and keep the interior of your car cooler.
Using the remote when returning to your vehicle:
UNLOCK -> Unlocks the driver's door.
UNLOCK - UNLOCK -> Unlocks all doors.
UNLOCK - UNLOCK - UNLOCK -> Unlocks all doors and ROLLDOWNS the windows.
VW remote use when leaving your vehicle:
LOCK -> Locks all doors (stock VW).
UNLOCK - LOCK ->Locks all doors and ROLLUP all windows and sunroof.
UNLOCK - LOCK - UNLOCK -> Locks all doors and ROLLUP sunroof and VENTS windows.
More features:
Rollup takeover -> Lock the car using the key, and wait until windows begin to rollup. You can then remove the key, and the controller will continue rolling the windows up for you.
This is what the three main commands do:
ROLLDOWN Unlocks all doors and opens all windows. This is especially useful on hot days to let the heat out before you get in the car.
ROLLUP Locks all doors and closes all windows and the sunroof. Just do a ROLLUP command when leaving your car, and be on your way without waiting for the windows and sunroof to close. The REMOTE WINDOW CONTROLLER will do it for you!
VENT Locks all doors and closes all windows and sunroof, just like a ROLLUP. VENT then opens the windows a slight amount to help let air circulate and heat escape. VENT is especially useful on hot days to help keep the interior of your car cooler. The size of the opening can be adjusted (see User Options ).
For safety (or convenience) you can CANCEL the controller commands in progress by pressing UNLOCK on the remote. Canceling ROLLDOWN immediately stops all windows at their current position. Canceling VENT stops the windows from going up, reverses their direction, and rolls them down completely. Cancel ROLLUP by pressing UNLOCK twice - the first one is taken as a VENT command, the second CANCELs."

For more info you can download the MS Word file here:

MANUAL (Please use right-click and save as)

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Wow, that was confusing Thomas...

I hate to be a pain, and I feel like a jerk for doing this, but after looking at my bank account balance, I don't think this would be in my best interest since I want to get a chip asap.

I'm really sorry guys...

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No Problem. I might just order it myself and bypass this GB... LOL

It really looks confusing because of how long that post is.

How confusing is to press unlock 3 times?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts