VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best set up for my 01 2.0? I dont want coil-overs.....anyone know if the HP Illumina Set up is nice........im lookin to buy that.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your looking for something simple, short money, decent ride, not too agressive,and looks good then go with the VW's drivers edition Eibach's.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
What type of ride height, comfort, performance, and price are you looking for?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
look for a drop of like 1 to 1.5......stiffer then stock but still nice ride.....price is open..its my daily driver/racer

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by golfzex:
look for a drop of like 1 to 1.5......stiffer then stock but still nice ride.....price is open..its my daily driver/racer
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brands to look for:
Springs: H&R, Eibach.
Shocks: Bilstein, Koni.
Sway bar: Shine, Neuspeed, Autotech.

Where to find them: www.shox.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have found the Eibach Pro kit very streetable. Firm, but not over the top. A drop in the range you are looking for and very nice cornering. I think I'm going to add Eibach's anti-roll bars to trim out the last tiny bits of roll though.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I'll most likely be going with Bilstein sport struts and Vogtland sport springs on mine. My friend has nothing but good things to say about that setup on his car.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Look at H&R cup Kits and FK spring/strut packages.
There has to be a reason that just about no one uses HP suspension parts on their vw's...I'd think about that.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the input........i will be thinkin about it for a while...peace

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How bout the H&R Cup Kit? Is that any good?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts