VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 GTI VR6 and see lots of parts and stuff listed with the MK4 tag. Is this a special model or just the latest and greatest version of the GTI?
By the way...I love this F'n car!

·
Registered
273 Posts
mk4 means for the 4th generation golf/gti/jetta. the first ones were mk1, then after the first redesign they were mk2, and then the redesign just before mk4 was mk3. it's how you differentiate between the models produced over the years.

·
Registered
273 Posts
good question. my first post was about HVAC lights (real boring) and he jumped right on it! i'll give a simple version of his welcome though:

welcome to vwf!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Here's something I'm not sure of, maybe one of you knows...why "MK"?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
They use the same thing for sail boats. We use to have a MK II 36.
jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Where is Thomas with his WELCOME BANNER?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hhehehe.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW013:
Ok, we got TF with his banner now I think Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory needs to make an apperance dont you think D Bitty!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really do like Willy Wonka. I don't care what anybody says. I heard on radio the other day some dweeeeeb was making fun of him. I still like him. Funny as hell.

VW013 you crack me up by the way. Hehehehe.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW013:
Everytime he posts that pic I want to go out and rent that movie all over again! LOL....

TF.....I really love your Matrix Dub pic!!! Great effects!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My sig's on here sometimes are controversial but who cares... LOL

Email me a pic of your car and I'll make you one too.

·
Registered
893 Posts
MK is the abbreviation for Mark (haha no mark, but go ahead and laugh it up...lol) MARK is simply another term for MAKE.... see now it all makes sense right... MK 4 is the 4th MAKE of the chassis for the GOLF/GTI/JETTAs...lol hope this clears it up for you Brett!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
It could have something to do that your ass is sexy. Don't get it to your head, I don't get turn on by cartoons.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen To that

·
Registered
273 Posts
while we're on the mkiv topic, what did they call mk1 and mk2 jettas in europe? (mk3's are vento and mk4's are bora, so i'm assuming they changed the name for every MK)

·
Registered
893 Posts
i know the mk3s bared the Vento badging and the mk4's the Bora badge, but to be honest i dont know about mk1 and mk2... hmmmm ill research that one for ya!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mk3grl:
your sigs.... controversial?? LMAO... my sig is mooning you all and i dont hear any complaints...lol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could have something to do that your ass is sexy. Don't get it to your head, I don't get turn on by cartoons.

·
Registered
273 Posts
whoa free research; wish i knew of mk3grl back in the 1st semester of english (junior research paper!)...also: i have only seen one mk4 marked "bora" and one mk3 marked "vento," on the only time i have left north america when i went to antigua last summer. so many different names and models than our US selection!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts