VW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo, I am new to these cars and the forum, the stereo of my mk5 jetta, it has SAT and is there a way that I can make it use an aux cord instead of the SAT radio? Also for gas, should I put 91 premium or regular gas?

Registered
2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2.5
Soo, I am new to these cars and the forum, the stereo of my mk5 jetta, it has SAT and is there a way that I can make it use an aux cord instead of the SAT radio? Also for gas, should I put 91 premium or regular gas?
Hi, welcome to the world of Volkswagen. Like other German cars, their suspension and braking are unmatched; plus they are super fun to drive! The downsides are sensors. 馃槀 Sensors, and electrical nightmares.

You should have an auxiliary port in the glovebox. It鈥檚 a weird spot for it, but much like my ex鈥檚 2005 Jetta and my 2007 Rabbit, the port is in the top right of the glovebox.

As for fuel, I use 93 in mine all of the time. It鈥檚 not required, but I prefer it. The label inside the fuel door says 87 [regular] is okay.

I鈥檓 new to this forum, but I鈥檝e been a member of vwvortex.com forums for quite some time, I think it鈥檚 the largest VW forum around. Searching through there will help you a great deal. I鈥檓 sure searching here will help too, but like I said, I鈥檓 new here too. I鈥檓 not sure how big the community is here.

Good luck with your new Jetta!

Registered
If your car - any car - requires low octane and it has a computer, putting high octane does nothing to help performance because the computer adjusts everything immediately to make it run "normally". You are spending extra money for no reason. If your car requires high octane and you put low octane in it, this will hurt performance. Sorry, this is just the way it is.

Registered
If your car - any car - requires low octane and it has a computer, putting high octane does nothing to help performance because the computer adjusts everything immediately to make it run "normally". You are spending extra money for no reason. If your car requires high octane and you put low octane in it, this will hurt performance. Sorry, this is just the way it is.
True. The ECU will adjust the engine to make the higher octane perform like lower octane. The best advice I can give to anyone is to use the octane recommended in the owner's manual and to stick with "Top Tier" gasoline. There is a label on the pump which identifies this so that you know that you are getting gasoline made to the highest standards. Several brands are "Top Tier", so this should not be an issue.
Also, in cooler weather do not let the level of the fuel tank get below a half tank. This means you will be filling up more often and have less of a chance of moisture in your gas from condensation inside the tank.
Finally, when you do fill up the tank, do NOT keep clicking the pump to get an extra few cents' worth of gas in the tank. You are risking getting the "activated" carbon in the carbon canister wet which will "kill" (de-activate) the carbon. Your CEL will come on and you will have to get a new and expensive carbon canister. Stop pumping at the first or second click.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts