VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, this seems like a really daft question with an obvious answer :/ but..

i locked my golf with the key fob which armed the alarm, the fob battery then died so now i cant open the car with the manual key without the alarm going off so how do i shut off the alarm with the manual key ?? thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
Leave it to a Geordie...:lol:
Idk, but I wonder if disconnecting the -ve to the battery might reset it, just a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha way aye,
there has to be some way you can get in the car without using the fob though, how are you supposed to go and buy a replacement battery if the blidy alarm gans off as soon as you open the door haha

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
maybe.. hold the key to unlock position where the windows go down.. or put the key in the ignition and see if that works.. like try to start it.. maybe itll read the key..

although i doubt it since its lookin for the fob signal.. although do the valet keys have the fobs?

bcuz for some reason i think the valet key is just a regular straight blade key.. so im thinking ... no fob or battery in the valet.. jsut the lazer cut part.. so it should recognize just the lazer machined part of the key? right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts