• ATP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planing on getting the EIP turbo kit for my MKIV VR6 and i was wondering if anyone had the kit out their and how they liked the kit. Or if anyone has any edvice to give me that would be great>>>>

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I believe that more people like the ATP kit over the EIP kit. I have heard more than a few people gripe over EIP's quality. And I also think that the fastest VR Turbos out there are running ATP turbo parts...

Any way you go with a turbo setup...its going to require a good deal of tuning, without a doubt.

Also, you might want to look into HPA Motorsport's kits.

[ March 21, 2004: Message edited by: GTIVR62801 ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I think EIP's Stage 7 VR6t was the fastest out there. They have sold the car now tho.

I agree with Carson tho, look into ATP more. EIP has a very bad history of customer service but they have made steps to change that and the lastest stories out of EIP are that they are a great company now. If they are close go to the buliding and look around, talk to people, see what kind of vibe you get from them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
I think EIP's Stage 7 VR6t was the fastest out there. They have sold the car now tho.

I agree with Carson tho, look into ATP more. EIP has a very bad history of customer service but they have made steps to change that and the lastest stories out of EIP are that they are a great company now. If they are close go to the buliding and look around, talk to people, see what kind of vibe you get from them.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea i heard that too but the ATP kit donest come with an Intercooler???
I just need to know hands down whats a better kit
ATP or EIP
ANYONE???

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I don't know if there is a hands down better kit. If I had to choose...I would pick a well tuned intercooled ATP kit.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If you plan on turboing your VR6, there isn't gonna be a bolt-on kit that you can just pop into the car and drive. Putting a turbo on a naturally aspirated engine requires a lot of tuning. Just because the kit doesn't come with an intercooler doesn't mean it isn't a good kit. No kit out there is 100% complete and additional parts will be needed if you want to keep the car around for a while.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
szodjo said:
If you plan on turboing your VR6, there isn't gonna be a bolt-on kit that you can just pop into the car and drive. Putting a turbo on a naturally aspirated engine requires a lot of tuning. Just because the kit doesn't come with an intercooler doesn't mean it isn't a good kit. No kit out there is 100% complete and additional parts will be needed if you want to keep the car around for a while.
Ya thats a good point. Im just wondering whats a better deal the ATP or EIP. The ATP coast about 3100 and the EIP is around 5000. I think i would be getting more horsepower with the EIP kit and most of everything is supplyed. The ATP kit comes with everything too except the intercooler which i think im going to have to custom make the intercooler piping wich i dont really want to do.SO im still wondering if anyone has any of the two kits out thier that can tell me what their like in person.
Thanx

·
Registered
830 Posts
Overall I think that the EIP kit would be top choice. I think it is head and shoulders above the ATP system when it comes to fit, finish and overall functionality. In no way am I saying the ATP's systems are of bad quality, it is just EIP's systems (as far as the VR6) are that good. If you checkout there site you will see that they installed a stage 1 system on a bone stock MKIV GTi and ended up alittle over 300hp. Plus they do have a 10% discount going on for "whoretex" members. Look at me sounding like a walking advertisement for EIP :roll: . Either way I think you will not be disappointed with either system :wink: .

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what mods should i do after my turbo anyone have any ideas. I was thinking cams but im not sure quite yet. I also want an intercooler sprayer to keep it runing cool>>>

·
Registered
830 Posts
volcomgti said:
what mods should i do after my turbo anyone have any ideas. I was thinking cams but im not sure quite yet. I also want an intercooler sprayer to keep it runing cool>>>
Honestly I would worry about one thing at a time :wink: . Cams are kinda of a waste when the stock lobers are perfect for the job. Save up for stand alone or new gears for your tranny because reliability is what its all about.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
evilgti2000 said:
volcomgti said:
Honestly I would worry about one thing at a time :wink: . Cams are kinda of a waste when the stock lobers are perfect for the job. Save up for stand alone or new gears for your tranny because reliability is what its all about.
Ya i was just wondering what everyone would do>>> Just talking but i think gears are a good idea
thanx

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
evilgti2000 said:
volcomgti said:
How is your VR6T doing these days anywway?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its going in this spring brake finally i had to reorder a new kit because i liked the EIP better and the Intercooler i wanted didnt fit my car. Im so pumped tho dude ill take some pics and show u soon>>>
Hows your VR6 doin

·
Registered
830 Posts
Tommunist said:
evilgti2000 said:
volcomgti said:
Its doing....I guess :x . I had a date to take it back done to EIP for a new bottom but it got pushed back from April 5th to May 8th because the rods haven't even been started to be made. Here is a list of what I am getting done on May 8th:

-Freshly bored 2.9L block with stress relieved and knife edged crank

-EIP Chromoly rods

-EIP 2.9L Turbo Pistons

-Have my EIP Big Valve Head "Refreshed"

-EIP Front Mount IC (still deciding if I won't to go with my own core and have them fab the charge pipes)

-After break-in, a re-tune of the TEC III stand alone. After base maps probably be looking at 4 different boost levels: 13psi, 18psi, 21psi and for those glory dyno runs 25psi. Of course that is the end of the summer stuff because I have to break it in and prove its reliability first. It made 440hp/432ft./lbs on 18psi so I am very curious to see what results I get.

That is pretty much it for now. Just see how the car reacts and go from there.

When I go down they are going to give me the grand tour along with rides in there shop cars to checkout there work. We should get a vwforum group together to checkout the shop, who can refuse free rides in highly tuned shop cars......hmmmm thats a thought. Might have to put that together :D .

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hell Ya dude i like that setup!!! 25psi is fucking nice dude i like how you have 4 differnt boost levels>>>>> i wish i went with a 1.8t i would have so much more done with the engine now instead of now just buying the turbo but owell i will just by a turbocharged car when i get the money in the future>>>
do you know what EIP intercoolers are like??? they pretty good?? is it good air flow?

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
yea regarding the next mod, i would just worry about spending ur money on this huge project and doing it right, cuz that'll help alot in the long run..

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i know i was just seeing if anyone would go any other way like boring my engine to like a 3.0 or a 3.1 because i looked into that and its just as much as a turbo>>>

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lets start a poll baby>>>>

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
evilgti2000 said:
Tommunist said:
evilgti2000 said:
volcomgti said:
Its doing....I guess :x . I had a date to take it back done to EIP for a new bottom but it got pushed back from April 5th to May 8th because the rods haven't even been started to be made. Here is a list of what I am getting done on May 8th:

-Freshly bored 2.9L block with stress relieved and knife edged crank

-EIP Chromoly rods

-EIP 2.9L Turbo Pistons

-Have my EIP Big Valve Head "Refreshed"

-EIP Front Mount IC (still deciding if I won't to go with my own core and have them fab the charge pipes)

-After break-in, a re-tune of the TEC III stand alone. After base maps probably be looking at 4 different boost levels: 13psi, 18psi, 21psi and for those glory dyno runs 25psi. Of course that is the end of the summer stuff because I have to break it in and prove its reliability first. It made 440hp/432ft./lbs on 18psi so I am very curious to see what results I get.

That is pretty much it for now. Just see how the car reacts and go from there.

When I go down they are going to give me the grand tour along with rides in there shop cars to checkout there work. We should get a vwforum group together to checkout the shop, who can refuse free rides in highly tuned shop cars......hmmmm thats a thought. Might have to put that together :D .
There is only one way to express how I feel about that: :K: :K: :K: :K:

That is going to be one hell of a car!!! Awsome....def. keep us informed!!!!

Oh, and after that, all you'l need is a 4motion drivetrain; then you would own everyone on the road.... :twisted: :D

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
WHO DARES DEFY MY VOTE FOR ATP!!!??? :evil: :evil: :evil:

:roll: j/k - i think they are both good but the ATP would be more my bag b/c the lower boost makes for a more daily driveable ride.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts