VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best aftermarket turbo on the maket that puts out the most power??

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
Welcome first off...

The "best" turbo kit for the 6 is hands down the HPA Bi-Turbo kit, but then again it's also the most expensive. Talk to ATP, or APTuning for that matter.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah, I never knew there was a bi-turbo kit for the 2.8 - if someone wants to give me it for X-mas that would be cool - I've been really good, seriously.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
Woah, I never knew there was a bi-turbo kit for the 2.8 - if someone wants to give me it for X-mas that would be cool - I've been really good, seriously.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

442hp/4.4 0-60
Link

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
442hp/4.4 0-60
Link
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too bad it's only for the 24v (not that I could afford it anyway - haha!!).

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
Too bad it's only for the 24v (not that I could afford it anyway - haha!!).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At Waterfest HPA brought their 24V VR6 New Beetle with the Bi-Turbo.

Also, anyone seen this months European Car with their R32 Bi-Turbo? Imagine dumping the clutch at 5500 RPMs in a 396HP AWD car. I am a little surprised it's only 396HP though...they did say they cranked up the boost to 30PSI and it was 600HP though. With 396 HP it runs an 11.2 1/4 mile.

[ December 09, 2003: Message edited by: Straz85 ]

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Too bad it's only for the 24v (not that I could afford it anyway - haha!!).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to be a dick, but:

"a pair of Garrett T28 turbines pack 16.0 psi of boost into the 12-valve 2.8-litre VR6"

Straight from the article....at first I thought the same thing too.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Not to be a dick, but:

"a pair of Garrett T28 turbines pack 16.0 psi of boost into the 12-valve 2.8-litre VR6"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you can also add to that the 4.4 0-60 time was through all wheel drive

I personally think a bi turbo vr6 is pretty much for bragging rights of saying "I have a TT VR6". You can get just as much hp from a single turbo (if not more) than you can from a bi turbo.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
what is the best aftermarket turbo on the maket that puts out the most power??
I think EIP puts out one hell of a solid system (alittle better quality than ATP) but is a little more pricy. If not EIP then go custom with Schimmel Performance. Bill Schimmel is a great guy and a genius with a VR6

[ December 09, 2003: Message edited by: evilgti2000 ]

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Not to be a dick, but:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are looking at the HPA website (which is what I was doing) where they sell the twin turbo kits it says that:

"This kit is exclusive to the 2.8L 24valve motor."

It seems that's the one they sell.
Perhaps I am looking at a different kit?
The stage I of this kit is 440hp and 0-60 in 4.2 sec.

[ December 09, 2003: Message edited by: Tommunist ]

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by evilgti2000:
I think EIP puts out one hell of a solid system (alittle better quality than ATP) but is a little more pricy.
[ December 09, 2003: Message edited by: evilgti2000 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem like maybe you are a little biased?
(j/k - hehe)

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
WOW! that golfzilla car is a freak of nature!!!!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
If you are looking at the HPA website (which is what I was doing) where they sell the twin turbo kits it says that:

"This kit is exclusive to the 2.8L 24valve motor."

It seems that's the one they sell.
Perhaps I am looking at a different kit?
The stage I of this kit is 440hp and 0-60 in 4.2 sec.

[ December 09, 2003: Message edited by: Tommunist ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, not sure.
I was goin by the article, and a old european car that I have with teh Golf, and Beetle featured, both were 12v. Whateve, either way, sick cars.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by evilgti2000:
[QB]I think EIP puts out one hell of a solid system (alittle better quality than ATP) but is a little more pricy.QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too bad there customer service absolutly sucks, I totally agree with Schimmel though, amazing stuff.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Not to be a dick, but:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought it was a pair of K03's???

·
Registered
830 Posts
You seem like maybe you are a little biased?
(j/k - hehe)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch, that can be no further from the truth. Actually, Rich has stepped up made some good offers on my rebuild and has done nothing but call and e-mail so I definately I cannot complain about customer service at least in my case. If anyone goes on the 'tex you will see at least Rich is trying to make good for past problems in customer service unlike most companies who would just ignore the whole thing. This isn't a biased opinion but just a opinion.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome first off...

The "best" turbo kit for the 6 is hands down the HPA Bi-Turbo kit, but then again it's also the most expensive. Talk to ATP, or APTuning for that matter.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

how much is that kit and whats the hp gain?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VolcomGTI:
how much is that kit and whats the hp gain?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
25,000$ for HPA kit

A custom built kit can range, stage 1-6...Look at EIP, do some research, theres soo many factors that influence price its hard too give a guess...your looking for crazy performance, you could very easily spend >5,000$

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I'm just curious about the low-down from the peoople that know:

If you read EIPs website they say that their turbo setup is more reliable than any SC setup.

If you read about the VF SC they'll say their SC is more reliable than any turbo.

What's the real deal? They can't both be right.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I'm just curious about the low-down from the peoople that know:

If you read EIPs website they say that their turbo setup is more reliable than any SC setup.

If you read about the VF SC they'll say their SC is more reliable than any turbo.

What's the real deal? They can't both be right.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything i'v ever heard in the past says SC is much more reliable, and for a daily driver is the best/only way to go. I have heard some messy stories about vr6t not working properly...its all advertising crap

[ December 11, 2003: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

[ December 11, 2003: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts