VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the Monsoon system has an input for an auxiliary device besides the changer in the trunk? 15 days till I get my dub...

Steve

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
do you want to know cause you want a sub in the back? if so, jon (gti2001), rich (dubwink), and/or dave(db) should know. I know they have a box in their trunk.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm actually looking to plug more things into the stereo, as in an mp3 player, etc. I can always use a cassette adapter, but would rather have something hard-wired.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey man, I work as an installer at Circuit City. A good way to do what you are talkin about is buyin what is called an FM modulator. If you have a CC in town just go back to car audio and ask for one and they'll know what it is. I installed one in a jeep the other day and we just charded like 20 dollars. Its not too hard though. If you have any more Q's just reply, ill keep lookin at this subject.

~travis

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Volkswagens cassette deck have the plug in protection, so you cant run a device through them, like a cd player or mp3 or whatever. It just comes out static, and I was told it can damage the tape player.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
thanks for the reference brian but i dotn know. sorry man. i acually wish i did know more about wiring and electronics. it would be cool to have some sweet "ICE"

·
Registered
676 Posts
There is a wiring harness you can get that plugs into your CDchanger port of the monsoon radio that will have RCA inputs instead of the plug harness. I can't remember where to buy it at this time but it's perfect for what you want to do. The FMmod device will do nothing but give you an unclear staticy source that in the long run is bad for your speakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts