VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, turning to the best for help again with another project. I have an Alpine in dash TV that I would like to put into my Bora but it has the Monsoon system in it with the amplifier under the rear deck on the right side. Would anyone know if there is either a harness we can get to bypass this amp for the aftermarket system or if it needs to be rewired, where I can get the diagrams for the amplifier so I can get this TV put in?
Thanks all for your help, I am going to be checking myself with some contacts I have with the installers at the local sound shop I used to work at.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did just recently find out from another post on the net that someone said you dont have to rewire anything when adding an aftermarket radio. Any truth to this?? Just trying to get the info straight.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
You can get a adpater kit to tap into the existing wiring. I highly recommend spending the 15 bucks on this so no wires are being cut. Where you can get them? Best bet to go to your local stereo install shop. Best of luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently bought a 2000 Vr6 jetta with a factory 6-disk changer in the trunk..is there anyway i cant hook up my pioneer headunit in the car and still use the factory changer? the headunit i have has changer controls...thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xxchinoxx:
I recently bought a 2000 Vr6 jetta with a factory 6-disk changer in the trunk..is there anyway i cant hook up my pioneer headunit in the car and still use the factory changer? the headunit i have has changer controls...thanks in advance<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm almost positive that the answer is no. I know I could not hook up my Eclipse head unit and keep the factory 6 disc. You will have to re-run the wires to accomplish this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Monsoon sound system, and I was told that the amp that comes installed with it is 250 watts. I would like to know the difficulty of tapping into this amp and using some of the wattage, and just how much is used by the existing speakers? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well fellas from what I remember from working at TriState in Dover you cannot use your factory CD changer to an aftermarket radio. As far as actually using the existing factory amplifier's power and rerouting it for other purposes...I would very much recommend not doing anything close to that. Rechanneling it is very bad for both the amp and your cars electrical system.
From what I am hearing I can just install my TV into my '00 dub and not worry about anything else. When the snow lifts I am heading out to Tristate to hit up the head installer for more info. Post what I find out then, IF WE EVER GET DUG OUT!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts