VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimmyC:
I read on another board that there are two wires on the 02 Jettas that are reversed on the Monsoon radio resulting in poor sound quality. Anyone know if this is true. My Monsoon system seems to have pretty good sound, but maybe it should be better?

P.S. couldn't find the search button, maybe this is old news?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup..this is true. I did it myself on my Jetta and GTI. Take a look in the DIY section on http://www.vwmkiv.com/ for info.
Just a warning: If you use a paperclip as they instruct, be very patient as I got frustrated and broke the connection and had to solder it back in. Good luck...it makes a huge difference in sound quality.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks - I'll bust the dealers chops to fix it, I'm still under warranty.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimmyC:
Thanks - I'll bust the dealers chops to fix it, I'm still under warranty.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

will the dealer fix it for u considering that it's not really a problem?? if that's the case then i'll get them to fix it when i get my window regulator replaced(i have a feeling it's going to fail soon b/c i sometimes have to manually push up the window back to it's original place in order for it to get to work again!)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I read on another board that there are two wires on the 02 Jettas that are reversed on the Monsoon radio resulting in poor sound quality. Anyone know if this is true. My Monsoon system seems to have pretty good sound, but maybe it should be better?

[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: JimmyC ]

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep they should. There is a formal update memo that the dealers have about the monsoon fix. Also I'm sure if tell the dealer you are having problems with the window, they will update your regs.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
well, the second plastic regulator they put on my pass. side went snap cracle pop on saturday. They cant "get it in" until thursday. so far... three days, three thunderstorms

·
Registered
174 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaneye:
Yep they should. There is a formal update memo that the dealers have about the monsoon fix. Also I'm sure if tell the dealer you are having problems with the window, they will update your regs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I spoke to two dealers today, neither of thme have heard about the Monsoon problem; anyone have any thoughts on how I can investigate this further (other than me ripping out the radio)- anyone that can refer me to a dealer that kwows about it or a copy of the service bulletin.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I spoke to two dealers today, neither of thme have heard about the Monsoon problem; anyone have any thoughts on how I can investigate this further (other than me ripping out the radio)- anyone that can refer me to a dealer that kwows about it or a copy of the service bulletin.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to pull the headunit, it can be done in the trunk on the amp.

Service bulletin:

·
Registered
174 Posts
THANK YOU -- This little bulletin "refreshed" the service manager's memory, so they are going to take care of it for me. THANKS AGAIN, MUCH APPRECIATED !!!

By the way I had to e-mail the service bulletin to my service department, once they saw it, it became a warranty situation. I have the car in there for another reason anyway, so let them screw with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts