VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
WHAT KIND OF DIRT RACING? IF YOUR RULES ALLOW IT CONSIDER MAKING YOUR OWN MOUNTS AND RUN A SET OF AFCO COILOVERS USED ON DIRT MODIFIEDS. ILL LOOK FOR A SIGHT THAT CARRIES THEM AND LET YOU KNOW. IF ITS FOR OFFROAD RALLY STYLE RACING I WOULD PLATE UNDER THE ENGINE WITH SOME ALUMINUM SHEETING MAYBE .060 OR HEAVIER. I HOPE THIS HELPS

·
Registered
499 Posts
Are you setting up a rally car? I've always wanted to do that with our old Fox.

vw did make a 4x4 golf MKII called the Country Edition (i think!?!). I don't know if they put skid plates on them though. I think something like that would be pretty easy to fab up if you have access to a welder and a hoist. Not sure what you could do for more ground clearance. Maybe try putting in springs from a passat, heavier car so they might lift the golf up a little. I have no idea if that would work, just putting it out there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The golf country is so bad ass. It's off road with out the pretentious SUV flair. I wish I could find on, anywhere. Has anyone seen them for sale. Actually, has anyone ever even SEEN one? I think they were mostly European, not many found thier way across the borders. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
You won't find many, if any in the states, never made available. Might be a few roaming Canada, I think the 15 year import rule would apply by now. wait a few years, and you can get one here, without to much red tape thorugh the customs folk. That said, I believe they are fairly rare in Europe as well!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Funny... I'm building an AWD Rabbit... I'm I'm trying to get it CLOSER to the ground.

As far as your car goes... B3 Passat springs, a skidplate under the oil pan and a shield for the fuel pump to keep rocks from desroying it. You should be able to have fun with that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I depends on your budget too.. you could go look at the DMS rally suspension, but you are talking a few thousand doallrs for anything from DMS. I do not think I would do the OEM springs that were setup for a heavier car if you are racing. I am sure your handling would suffer greatly using that setup. Also, you might look at getting some camber plates or something.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i wanna do it too i need to replace my springs and shocks
looks wicked nice that pic of the golf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts