·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
From the site:
The VW R32 runs the quarter in 14.8, quick off the line but it has an approximate 24% power loss on the drive line compared to it's 2 wheel drive VR6 predecessor. Stock 18" wheels.

I know what this car is supposed to be and what its not but, does a 14.8 quarter mile time and 24% drivetrain power loss seem, um, shitty? Specially when we are talking about a car that is to compete in the now maturing market? (refering to the life cycle of the "hot hatch" market)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
[qb]From the site:
The VW R32 runs the quarter in 14.8, quick off the line but it has an approximate 24% power loss on the drive line compared to it's 2 wheel drive VR6 predecessor. Stock 18" wheels.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it does seem kinda like poop, but there's other stuff that makes it cool. While I enjoy a good turbo rush, I prefer naturally aspirated engines. Maybe I'm psycho, or maybe just insane, but I like the challenge of making something that's not supposed to be 'fast' and pushing it a little further.

*hands a roll of p-towels to db*

Oh wait... Raf I am sooooo sorry. I posted and I didn't make it to a GTG yet! Hehe

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
I know what this car is supposed to be and what its not but, does a 14.8 quarter mile time and 24% drivetrain power loss seem, um, shitty? Specially when we are talking about a car that is to compete in the now maturing market? (refering to the life cycle of the "hot hatch" market)[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A supercharger will take care of that!
I think for not having forced induction, like it's rivals, it should fair pretty well. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
A supercharger will take care of that!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes it will. i have seen a lot of supercharged r32's and they fly!!! i want the r32 sooo badly but i'll most likely never have one

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
::droooooooooollll::

1 - 10 of 10 Posts