VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was driving today i decided to run it through the gears one time in second when it usually really takes off i felt a small thud and it excelerated slowly though the motor still revved like normal... it still does it when i get on it but when i dirve regular it dosnt happen... im thinking this is my clutch again.... anyone else have any imput??

·
Registered
18 Posts
It could have been one of the springs on your clutch plate breaking loose. Mine did that at 11k. Look into a Sachs Sport clutch setup, that will eliminate all future problems. Also, until you do get it replaced, do not let it slip. You could either glaze the clutch disk, pressure plate and the flywheel, or you could shatter the clutch, and that is not fun at all. I remember seeing Sachs packages on . C3CARS. Give'em a shot. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If you need a new clutch setup, I would buy through www.ecstuning.com. They have the best rices out there for their clutch kits, and I believe the kits are based on Sachs parts. I have the stage II kit waiting in my basement for installation.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i buy an aftermarket clutch how much do you think it would cost to be put on at the dealer? if not the dealer what do you think a mechanic would charge?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GalacticVR6:
if i buy an aftermarket clutch how much do you think it would cost to be put on at the dealer? if not the dealer what do you think a mechanic would charge?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dealership will only install parts you buy from them. You're best bet would be find a local VW mechanic.

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: Straz85 ]

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GalacticVR6:
if i buy an aftermarket clutch how much do you think it would cost to be put on at the dealer? if not the dealer what do you think a mechanic would charge?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some dealers will do it for you, for around $600 in labor. I know some very good local private VW mechanics that will do it for $200 to $300.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
If you were in Jersey Marcus, I'd hook you up. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone down by you to direct you to, either. Perhaps someone else can chime in with info, or maybe you could ask on the whoretex.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
If you were in Jersey Marcus, I'd hook you up. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone down by you to direct you to, either. Perhaps someone else can chime in with info, or maybe you could ask on the whoretex.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats really cool of you carson, wish i did live up there! anyway whats the labor time on a clutch? and what all will i need? im thinking about the ECS Tuning Stage I Clutch/Lightweight 13.5lbs Flywheel Kit its about 400 bucks, what all else will i need a throw out bearing?, a new seal? i just need to know so i can buy it all at one time, i dont want a mechanic to teat it apart then tell me i need another piece....

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
thats really cool of you carson, wish i did live up there! anyway whats the labor time on a clutch? and what all will i need? im thinking about the ECS Tuning Stage I Clutch/Lightweight 13.5lbs Flywheel Kit its about 400 bucks, what all else will i need a throw out bearing?, a new seal? i just need to know so i can buy it all at one time, i dont want a mechanic to teat it apart then tell me i need another piece....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A new throwout bearing will be included as well as the bolt kit in that Stage 1 upgrade kit. You will love that kit, very sensible kit for bolt on only modifications. I have driven a friends car with one. If I didn't have big turbo plans, this is the one that I would have bought.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i called around this AM and i found a guy who will install it for 350.... thats like 825 after tax... a pretty good deal eh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts