VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed polyurethane motor mounts? What's better Turn2/Autotech, others in 50$ range? Mine is a daily driver so I am not looing for anything too stiff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well i just installed the front lower turn2 and hardly noticed a difference. even though everyone says you'll notice a BIG difference. so whatever you choose go with both the front and rear mounts.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I have the turn 2 motor mounts all the way around.It took me and a friend about 4 hours to install all of them.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
My motor was starting to move back as well.I first jacked up the front of the car then supported it with jack stands.Then got a two by four under the center of the motor and with a floor jack supported the weight of the motor.I was then able to loosen and remove one motor mount and replace it with the new one.I changed the front one first but make sure you loosen all the bolts from all the mount before replacing any of the mounts!The passenger side mount was the second one I replaced then the one at the trans.I had someone else help because of lining up the holes and help with the jacking.I hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts