VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not happy with a VR6, thats a new one...
Driven a 2.0 lately?

It would cost close to the same to turbo the vr, but then you need to put another 500(chip) into it to even see a gain over the vr...
F/I VR's can be very good daily drivers, if built right the first time. Alot of people think that once they are F/I that they become super unreliable, this isn't the case if things are done properly and no corners are cut.

·
Registered
107 Posts
how should i go about f/i my car?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Not sure you'd want to go from a 172hp VR6 to a 150hp 1.8t. If, however, you were to do it I'd suggest selling your car and starting with a 4cyl mk3. The swap is much easier.

·
Registered
107 Posts
does anybody have a price on a 1.8 swap into an mk3???i am not to to happy with my vr i want to put a turbo on it but i want a everyday driver dub

·
Registered
198 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ModifiedMyGti:
how should i go about f/i my car?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should definately do some research first, if you haven't already. After you have some knowledge about it, and have a hp goal you can then decide the type of turbo you want. If you want a turbo daily driven vr, then I suggest the T3/T04E with a .50 trim with a .63 a/r turbine should be fine. You should definately see 250 hp+ at the crank with that. It just all depends on ur needs

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mk2GTI:
T3/T04E with a .50 trim with a .63 a/r turbine<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best all around turbo ever... got one in the garage.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i don't want to sell my car though because i have done alot of modding to it with the mk4 front end and soon dash i would like to get a mk4 1.8 cuz it looks nice under the hood now can i use an audi motor in my car????? if so what kind? as u can tell i don't know too much about motors i am more modification to the body skilled so i need help with this motor shtuff?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
the audi motors are a good choice.... yes you can swap one in i have seen a number of dus running audi motors.... what it all entails i am not sure. i do know most of the cars with the swaps have used the 20v turbo motor and 1 i read about used a S4 bi turbo motor and quattro system.
hopefully someone else on here can help you with the more techy stuff

·
Registered
27 Posts
howdy... 2.0 driver here, and mine isnt all that slow compared to some... but if you arent happy with your VR I'd be more than willing to give it a loving home!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
turbocharge the vr6 atp makes affordable kit, but it u want to swap out the engine, europartsinc sells new 1.8t engine in the box.

·
Registered
107 Posts
how much would the audi 1.8 cost and does this include tranny ? can any one on the forum can install it? i think i have seen the awd rabbit guy say he could before.......

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They go in easier Derek. Why you wont take our advise and just turbo the VR I do not know. Why you think a custom engine swap is going to be more reliable then a turbo VR I also do not know. Keep doing research, you will learn that it would be stupid to swap in a 1.8t...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think putting a 1.8t in place of a vr is ass backwards. I almost bought a turbo vr and it would tear many a car a new asshole. putting a 1.8t in would be like taking 1 step forwards and 10 steps back. Turbo the vr and you will be very happy with the result assuming it is done correctly. I would think maybe even just put an o-ring gasket in it for peice of mind.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
If it's going into a MK3 you can use whatever engine you want... Audi or MK4 VW. Just try to get a pre-2000 engine because anything later will have an imobilizer and you don't want to deal with that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
damn well that sucks thanks

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
Best all around turbo ever... got one in the garage.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wish i could say the same...bout having one in the garage i mean

1 - 20 of 20 Posts