VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't the whole deal around mudflaps, as how they can make a car look real non -stylish, but i know on my rents old car, they had rust problems on the bottom of the skirts, but when they got a new car(same one) and got flaps it never happened, was wondering if this is a problem that should be delt with on the Jetta IV, i don't mind having mud flaps if its going to increase the life of my car, so just lemme know what u guys think and/or recommend thanks in advance

·
Registered
180 Posts
mudflaps have nothing to do with the prevention of rust on a car... the only thing they do is prevent mud from spraying onto the sides of the car... hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nobody wants to admit it because DUH there uguly but in the winter they are very much a life savor. A friend of mine has them on his 01 GTI Uni Black and it saves alot of slosh and slop. They are a great investiment for the winter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you know where i can find some, and also where can i order custom floor mats that snap into the spots that ceom in the jetta for the floor mats, i want rubber ones for the winter tho, front only, know where i can find them?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
FLi Gti is right, again. I got the rubber floor mats right from my dealer (and they actually had them in stock). Not cheap but they rock all year round and they even have Jetta inscribed on the front ones.

As far as the mud flaps, yes they suck on a car with a body kit, but they weren't invented for nothing. Hint. Hint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts