VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know theres a gazzilion threads on this but it seems everyone else in the world has a different taste in exhaust tone than me.

people rave over the sound of a vr6 exhaust that is all raspy and highpitched, that isnt for me.

I like mellow and smooth, with a good volume under the gun. (coming from the dude that used to dd a 77 chevy with headers and flowmaster 40 series true dual....) LOL :cool:

So for starters, im planning on removing the suitcase, and was thinking of putting a new muffler in its place, possibly a borla or magnaflow..

Just wondering if anyone has experience doing it this way.
I also have a can on the back that can come off if its going to hurt the sound. which i feel may be the case. Its one like this I think (came with the car..)
Like this, inner silencer not installed.
4" Round Titanium Burnt Tip s s N1 Exhaust Muffler 2 5" Inlet Silencer | eBay

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your won't go wrong with anything magnafkow or borka.
been drinkin buddy? lol just kidding. :chug:
Yeah I think just getting some bends where I need and a GOOD muffler in there, then run straight out to a tip is going to be the way to go.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I like mellow and smooth, with a good volume under the gun.
this is a 2.5" magnaflow catback to a "T"

however as Fubar mentioned you can't go wrong with Borla either. If you want a little bit more of a subdued tone go with borla, if you want something more aggressive / loud go with magnaflow.

on the street I run a magnaflow high flow cat with a big straight through resonator, then a borla pro XS muffler out back. vicious sounding on throttle, but quiet enough to have a discussion in the cabin when cruising. (even with 3.5")

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
So, I know theres a gazzilion threads on this but it seems everyone else in the world has a different taste in exhaust tone than me.

people rave over the sound of a vr6 exhaust that is all raspy and highpitched, that isnt for me.

I like mellow and smooth, with a good volume under the gun. (coming from the dude that used to dd a 77 chevy with headers and flowmaster 40 series true dual....) LOL :cool:

So for starters, im planning on removing the suitcase, and was thinking of putting a new muffler in its place, possibly a borla or magnaflow..

Just wondering if anyone has experience doing it this way.
I also have a can on the back that can come off if its going to hurt the sound. which i feel may be the case. Its one like this I think (came with the car..)
Like this, inner silencer not installed.
4" Round Titanium Burnt Tip s s N1 Exhaust Muffler 2 5" Inlet Silencer | eBay

personally, I think you will regret getting this eBay Muffler. here are some better choices;
Exhaust Tips

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
personally, I think you will regret getting this eBay Muffler. here are some better choices;
Exhaust Tips
thats what I think too. I wasnt looking at buying that, I was stating that the guy I bought my car from had put that on there. surprisingly enough, It doesnt sound that bad.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
BORLA for more louder / agressive tone.
Magnaflow for a slightly quieter / deeper tone.

anything else. is not in the question.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i had a look the other day.
Its not stock.
no suitcase. Some muffler/resonator like right before where the suitcase should be not sure if thats stock or not, than a straight piece to the rear muffler

·
Registered
121 Posts
Borla sounds amazing. I have 2.5" piping with magnaflow cat and a borla muffler. I can try and get a better video if you want.

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/kJNyW3gH0e/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Not sure if the video will link. If not, just look me up on instagram. It is the same as my username.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts