VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, right now I've got my stock muffler on my Vr6. But I'd like it to sound louder an more meaner. So if you guys could provide me some ideas for what I should get, I'd like to keep it cheap if you could. Also I wasn't sure if but could you cut off the dual tip off the stock muffler and had a custom dual tip would that make it sound louder ? Or would I have to just go ahead and get a new muffler all together ?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright but how do I know which one to get ? Like I've been to there site but I'm not even sure which is which an what will work and what won't. So if you could throw me a link or two that would be great. Just want to make sure I know what I'm paying for. Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Borla. Get a boomer muffler from them. U get the stuff yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Borla. Get a boomer muffler from them. U get the stuff yet?
What was the part number for the Borla Boomer muffler you got ? and how much did it cost for the exhaust shop to make you a cat ?

An yeah man I got it, I sent you txt. I came down with bronchitis an it's screwed me pretty bad so I haven't been able to put them on yet.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
jesus by the way u two are saying that shit it sounds like a drug deal..

Yo Essay.. you get the stuff?
Ya Homes, I got it eh.. just got sick..

LOL..
took me a minute to remember you bought his headlights.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,443 Posts
I have a straight through magnaflow muffler I will sell for $25 shipped. Its 2.5in and about 18in long. Its a little beat up but still functions. Was going to save it for the mk5.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_7_23_60_421&info=Techtonics_253.464B_Cat-Back_Exhaust_with_Borla_2.5"_Aluminized&products_id=1208

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think I'll go with the Borla Thumper Muffler that XxBORAxX has, I really like the way it sounds. I'm just lookin for a loud deep sound,

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
ne borla will give u that sound on a vr..

slappys is nice and throattttty with the vrsexx when he rips it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have the 2.5 in/out Borla Turbo muffler. I love it. If i had a good camera I would record it. Iphone video gets washed out.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
lol i worked with slappy for a while. but also knew him before the job..

that catback sounds fukn amazing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts