VW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 GTI 1.8T burns the hell out of the new 24 valve GTI VR6 six speed damn the turbo took him by 4 cars both were stock just wanted to share with u guys that 6 speed arent better than 5 hehehehe

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Trust me they are. Try to take it to top speed!

They will probably end up at the same top speed but the 6-speed will get there with less stress and effort from the engine. Makes sense right? I hope so.

Still nice race.

But (if) I get another dub it will have more then 4 cylinders that's for sure.

[ April 12, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh but it is. Just because the 1.8t has a lighter engine and is quicker doesnt mean it is better. The 24 valve vr6 with 200 horses and the six speed is better and will take more abuse than the 1.8T. But this just brings up a big debate on which is better.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
and we will end this by saying both are great engines for their own uses!!

jon

·
Registered
380 Posts
HOW THE F$%# DID WE GET FROM A VR6 TO A 2.0? YOU WERE COMPARING A VR6 SIX SPEED TO A 1.8T NOT A 2.0 IF YOU WANNA ARGUE, WE CAN ARGUE, NOT ON HERE, THATS WHAT THE VORTEX IS FOR.

Emir

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah i like my 2.0. no need to dis it cause we didnt have the cash to get a 24v vr6 or 1.8. either way it dosent matter though. we all have dubs and theres no reason to dis one another about what engine they have. "thats what vortex is for" is correct!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RoLLinVDub:
its ok some people just hate but thats alright. Some1 close this topic before it gets out of hand.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love all dubs.

Agreed Rollinvdub.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No reason to go there!! they are all made by the same company and i probably like my 2.slow more than most 1.8t drivers like their cars! GG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.