VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thsi will be my second MK4 GTI build..My previous one was in a reck so i got the motivation to do it again but make a it a bit bigger..
Here are some of the pics of my previous build..

the aftermath....

now what i have to work with...2003 vw gti 1.8t
stock long beachs painted red
really faded paint
120k on the motor
needs a new clutch
h&r coils
giac x tune
CAI
really crappy 2.5" exhaust thats falling apart...

getting the OK from a VW tech... I just wanted to motor fully tested to make sure its solid for my build...Couple hours later and it passed with flying colors...Compression test passed, no oil leaks, belts are good, just got a new water pump and timing belt...Drove the bad boy home...

the dismantling starts...

first thing i did was plsti dip the wheels black so i dont have to drive around with red wheels....

and by the way i dipped the wheels with only one can...lol

i started selling parts off my old GTI and the first mod i got was Air lift V2 extreme....Call my buddies at Janky Garage to order the system and do the install.. Here are the results...

then i decided a couple days later i need to cleanup my wheels so i removed the black dip and painter the wheels white just for fun...

After that i sold more parts off my old GTI...Purchased these bad boys...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
kept them in the box for about a week until my new tires came in...
Got my wheel on cleaned the car up as best as i can...

So a couple days pass by and a took a long look inside the car and said..HOLY CRAP i have a PURPLE interior...lol

SO i tear that shit out....

No more Barney mobile!

I drive around without headliner for a while and thought about what should i do for a new headliner wrap...Took a while and got this..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i got wheels, got an ok interior what else do i need....
MK6 steering wheel...

still wasnt enough...So i primerd the hood because that shit was rough...

got some new Bilstein shoks for more low on the rear...

Waited a while after that...Got some more $$$$$ for selling more parts of my old GTI again..Now i am at $8k selling parts off my GTI, SO what i do now.....FRANKENTURBO F23 KIT!

Now i am broke.....This is where i am at now...4 months into this car...
Whats left..

New car color
Install my Turbo kit
new front bumper,rear and skirts
New Tune
exhaust
and need more $$$$$$

subscribe to my post i have all this stuff coming soon....

·
4,054 Posts
Looks good except for the tiny pictures

·
Registered
828 Posts
Bigger pictures would be nice. I've wanted that plaid interior liner for awhile now. Just don't have the motivation.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
first gti looked awesome, second looks like its going in a good direction. definitely gunna keep an eye on this build.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright my R32 front end comes in today, 50ft of vinyl wrap comes in tomorrow, working on the side skirts and rear bumper tonight...Wish me luck Guys!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the final product with the satin black vinyl wrap on my GTI...Got an R front bumper at the last minute..

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Looks great. I want to wrap my car. Don't feel like painting it after all the body work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Guys..Got the wrap on Amazon for $500..I am saving up for a paint job this is just to hold me up for now...

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
What size roll does it come in? I'm so curious about wrapping. Rodger did his 20th and it looks great. I want to do a pearl grey.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
forgot what theyre called, i think theyre directional, like the design is facing all one way, so on the other side of the car, the pattern is facing the other way

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What size roll does it come in? I'm so curious about wrapping. Rodger did his 20th and it looks great. I want to do a pearl grey.
they come in 5" wide and in whatever foot length you want..Amazon has tons of choices and its cheap to ship.:r32:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
forgot what theyre called, i think theyre directional, like the design is facing all one way, so on the other side of the car, the pattern is facing the other way
WCI wheels cc10

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Car audi system update:

just got 2 kicker COMP-R subs, 2 sets of JBL p660c components, 1200watt mono amp, 1400 watt 4 channel amp, kicker crossover, wiring. Should have the install done next week. will post before and after and during pictures. SOON!:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts