VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is going to be dedicated to everything I do to my car. I finally go that insurance check so Im doing a major overhaul. I have around 5k to spend on this build atm. Here is the parts that I already have or ordering. I will try to post as many pics as I can.

Engine awp, clutch, & Tranny 02j 5 speed: 25k miles on them

Already done:

Stage 2 clutch
630cc Injectors
4 fpr
Godspeed fmic
SPM fmic piping
Forge Splitter
mbc
ko3s turbo
3" downpipe
2.5 magnaflow catless
upgraded vaccum lines
apr stage 2 with 87, 91, 93, 100 oct tunes

Parts I Have bought:

Gli Recaros
MOMO carbon fiber jet steering wheel
New South Performance center steering column gauge pod for there boost gauge
Forge TIP
ASR 17" Rims
New front bumper
Bora 4 front valence
Raceland coilovers
Headlights
Kenwood Single Din Flip out Headunit
K&N 3" Air filter

The Parts I havent bought yet are:

Headunit
strut bar
shift boot
Driver side door micro switch
turbo timer

If you have one of the parts or recommend a brand post it up or send me a pm. I will be checking classifieds constantly for these. Thanks! pics coming this weekend. Before and afters. :cool:

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
recaros from vortex, and ecs tuning sells strut bars in an assortment of colors. or you could also check vorte for that too lol

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea last time i checked I believe yesterday they had none. Ill search daily though. Thanks for tip on ecs. They work on fmic over engine piping right?

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
What headlights are you looking at buying. I might have the set nearly bran new, the set I was running shortly before retrofits.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
recaros from vortex, and ecs tuning sells strut bars in an assortment of colors. or you could also check vorte for that too lol
I just ordered everything besides seats, audio, and air filter.

Im getting air filter from pepboys

Working on a deal for gli recaros atm

Creative car audio is installing my headunit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the raceland kit come with new upper strut mounts and bearings? or will I have to order new ones. I dont have the tools to compress my old suspension to get the parts

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Get new ones, it doesn't come with them. Don't reuse the old ones. The bushings will be pretty screwed and the bearings will fall apart.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks for tip on ecs. They work on fmic over engine piping right?
Yes and No, all depends on the pipe placement and what strut bar. I've seen some fit and not fit, for example. The ecstuning strut bar, I had to custom fab it to make it work.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. What are the best strut bearings and mounts?

Will I need the tool to compress the spring if using new ones? Im brand new to suspension parts I always did engine mods :p

1 - 20 of 94 Posts