VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this 88 Cabby for My B day last March.... Paid $700 for it... Had a few probs but t's RUST FREE....

When I bought it

Did the motor mounts...Installed new front speakers.... still had the original 1988 magnets in the doors(cones had disinegrated) and of course new wires had to be run as the old ones were broken in a few places... So a 1/2 hour job turned into a 2 hour job

Also swapped in some new plug leads... runs much better (the PO had the wrong ones on it)

Bought some Centerline wheels with almost new tires for $200.... Sold the Snowflakes and shot tires for $150... :D

Polished them up (2hrs work)

Sorted a rough running cold start issue... A disconnected vacuum line running into the drivers fender... Reconnected and runs way smoother... Also cleaned out the rain tray and "stitched" the plastic cover back into one piece... Musta been 1/2 a pound of crap in each side... used a stick to clear the rubber drains as they were packed solid... Added a "billet" gas cap too

Today I Washed it, Clay Barred it (prolly the 1st time it has ever been done) and gave it a quick wax.. Looks loads better

Hope You like

Next project is dropping the front an inch or so.... (can this be done with stock struts??... without "blowing them out")

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
nice find. polishing came out great.

not too much activity on this forum besides the mk4 section.

to answer your question, generally a coilover set up would be your best bet. adjustable height, and the struts that come with it are made for low. generally, people who get springs, or shock strut combos want to go lower, or adjust the height.
So while springs might work, coilovers would probably be your best bet, moar lowz gets addicting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Added a fairly rare KAMEI "Hood Scoop" .... Found it on eBay.de..... Need to find a colour match paint... Whatcha think??

·
Registered
164 Posts
pretty rare hood scoop you have there. Ive only seen that on fully kitted kamei and zender rabbits.

I was waiting to see a little progress before I posted up. Havent been on here in a min either. How is the top on that beast, The vert that i had leaked in every place imaginable.

Those rims look good. What size tires? You need some coilovers! Might need smaller tires to fit them depending on the size..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Caddy is the truck. Cabby is what the Cabriolet is known as.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts