VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys i really need some help on this one. i have the bentley book for my car but i can still not figure out a solution to my problem.
my car when turned off will shift gears smoothly without a problem. but when i turn on the car and i depress the clutch pedal it will not shift into any gear. if anyone has experienced this or knows what the fu*k is wrong please reply. thanx alot. peace
dpop - diy imports

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Sounds like your clutch isn't disengaging. I am not very knowledgable in the area of clutches, but that's what it seems like to me...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
?? Could also be your pressure plate. It does sound like it has seized up. The reason that it will work when turned off is because it isnt spinning.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thank you so much fli gti. i thought it was that the pressure plate was fouled cause my clutch is very bad. now this really gives me the motivation to put in my brand new centerforce dual friction clutch.
fli gti thank you for reassuring me.
if anyone ever needs any info on their cars i have the bentley for A3's. i can scan pages and email it to anyone in need. peace
dpop - diy imports

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you will not believe the grip that this clutch has!!!!
damn i can chirp gears all the way from 1-3.
i recommend it to anyone that needs a new one. i got it for $310 for flywheel and pressure plate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought it at this high performance parts place in my neighborhood. the name is Full Throttle. somehow his prices are cheaper than online (don't ask me but probably off the back of a truck)lol. just check online.
it is the Centerforce Dual Friction

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just a note!!!
i meant to say $310 for the clutch and pressure plate. peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts