VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its looking pretty good for me getting a 1.8T Wolfberg edition Jetta. I know a ECU should be the first thing I do to it but which ECU would you recommend also links would be nice to online dealers. After I have the ecu succesfully installed what should be my next install?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Im still the new kid but from what everyone here and Paul (a VW mechanic) have told me go APR or GAIC, APR seems to be more stressed... and Intake and Exhaust should probably be first before a chip, but thats just where ive been directed.... PS good luck on the car!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have APR's 93 octane and I love it. ALso check out GAIC and Revo. (The bonus to Revo and APR is direct port which they don't have to swap chips for. they just plug in a laptop to your obd port)

·
Registered
637 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rronnicc:
[QB] APR seems to be more stressed... QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean APR seems to be more stressed? Any chip that will raise the boost can put stress on your engine, but the 1.8t is design for force induction. It can handles a lot of stress. Suspension would be my first mod.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blahman240:
Can anyone give me some prices?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to any major show. I believe APR charges $500 for DPP with two programs. (I got stock + 93 Octane) Go to www.goapr.com for more info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts