VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first VW im having trouble finding aftermarket body kits for the 2 door coupe and aftermarket perfomance parts does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has a 1.8 lt turbo gas motor

i got the car from my uncle he bought it new in 85 when he lived in west germany everything is all backasswards and has been interesting getting use too i didnt think much of it my last car was a mitsu evo VII but once i drove the MK2 on the back roads i dont think ill ever buy another jap car

·
Registered
573 Posts
I also enjoy driving my Jetta and MK3 Golf around the backroads. There's no way our Corrolla could handle the hard driving I do there. All I'd need are some sponsors and a navigator
!

Did you say 1.8 turbo gas motor? Damn. You're bound to have endless fun with your new car. Body kits will be hard to find, and any you may happen to find could run you a few bucks. Performance mods, however, should come with ease once you settle on what particular modifications you're looking to make (exhaust, air, engine, etc). Welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcoming TruBlu and EMily
as far as up grades go i do my own custom exhaust work an ill prolly put a better breathing system on along with my apexi boost controller from my old car and when i get the money a new intercooler other than that i know nothing about VWs mechanically as of yet alls i can find on the internet is the history but you gott start somewhere right

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont have a digital camera available yet gonna borrow th3e neighbors i did just finish putting on my
17" konigs
& 215/40zr17 83W Kuhmo ecsta supra
looks sharp
bending pipe now for 2.75in exhaust
ill come back wen i gota camera

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
welcome. You can look on strictly foreign for body kits as well as ABD. Alos try nopi. I know i can't beleive i sadi ti but they do have some.All mk2's use the same front bumper and side skirts. The rear bumper needs to be for a jetta(they're all the same). But like stated above none of them are very cheap. What turbo kit is on your car and how much boost are you running. Is it stoc otherwise?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont know how much boost im runnning yet i havent gotten the apexi hooked up yet from what i can see of the turbo it says wagenwerk on it besides the exhaust im putting on now its stock i wont put on the apexi bc until i get a new intercooler

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
this is late, but welcome to the dub world
sometimes the best way to find things are in the trading posts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks vwspeed ive been all over the site and all over the web trying to get what i need with the help from the people in this forum ive managed to get most of what i need although i am now looking for a starter and im finding that they are very rare for the MK2's built in germany with out costing me close to 300$ the starter from the american model isnt compatable
damn germans build a good car but i need deeper pockets

1 - 14 of 14 Posts