VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today, was not only my first encounter with a cop, but also my first speeding ticket... a normal person may be unhappy, or pissed... but me, i just think it's funny.

it's not even that impressive, 68 in a 55. Oh well... don't pull the guy passing me over... no, go straigt for my little deisel beast.

wish me luck getting out of it.

hopefully i'll have some audi rims on the way... get rid of those oh so very wonderful hubs i got goin on

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
13 MPH over? I can't even believe they pulled you over for that! Both of mine were 20MPH over. How much are you paying, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by obsessedubber:
so today, was not only my first encounter with a cop, but also my first speeding ticket... a normal person may be unhappy, or pissed... but me, i just think it's funny.

it's not even that impressive, 68 in a 55. Oh well... don't pull the guy passing me over... no, go straigt for my little deisel beast.

wish me luck getting out of it.

hopefully i'll have some audi rims on the way... get rid of those oh so very wonderful hubs i got goin on
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sucks. I guess it was pull over the dubbers day yesterday cause I got hit for 71 in a 45. No knock downs or anything. Lousy instant on.......at least I didn't get pulled over a bit earlier in my journey...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fight it, go to court! Over 50% get off that just for showing up at court! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Then go on the web and order a V-1. It will be your best investment you`ve ever made!
Good Hunting!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't know how much it will be... but i'm 100% going to court... damn trooper better knock it down. everyone is pretty confident he will since it's my first offense. it really is just so retarded that it's only for 13 over... oh well... i guess he just needed to fill his quota... it is the end of the month

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
you cant say only 13 miles over the speed limit because they have to get you somewhere.
its probably like 1 point and a 70 dollar fine or something like that. go to court they toss the points, you pay the fine(because thats what its all about anyway) and get a year probation. not big deal

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well each state is diffrent. In Delaware if your going more then 9mph over it's a 3 point ticket, if it's 9 or below, it's only a two point ticket. Most people here go to court and it if it's over 9. then it's usually knocked down to 8mph over and you get two points. But..... there was a law past a year or two ago that if this is your first ticket or first ticket in a couple of years, you can just pay the fine and not fight it, then you'll be on probation for 6 months and you get no points as long as you don't get another speeding ticket while on probation.
jon

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
wow that sucks!

getting a ticket for going 13 mph over is bs.

in canada there basically is no ticket for going 15 over the speed limit! well there is but no cop would waste his time and pull you over!

wow some american cities are weird. a 3 point ticket for going 9 over?!?!

[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Max you can have in my state is 15 before they take your lic. away.
jon

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's weird in NJ (USA)...

Awhile back a guy I knew was driving my friends MX-6 on the Parkway going to AC and he was nailed doing double the speed limit. That resulted in an on the spot loss of license for doubling the limit.

I got caught (with another person who was racing me in my Nissan pickup years ago... 80 in a 55, we both got "no seatbelt" tickets. I think the chick in the Celica cried or something.

Other than that, if traffic is moving at 75 ~ 80 on one of the highways, the police don't seem to give a hoot. Too many to nail in one shot I guess.

So yeah, traffic laws are weird no matter where you go. I've got a few friends who are officers, one is a ticket fiend and will issue for the wrong color lenses on your lights or for having blue, red, or green "washer nozzle" lights, clear or orange are ok... He ain't right in the head to begin with, so stay away from Hamburg, NJ.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF??!!?! that's crazy!!!!

most of the time if you get caught doing 30 or 40 over the limit they will write you a ticket for going 15 over. that's if your nice to them!

thank God i don't live where you live or i wouldn't have my license!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I think it is the speed difference between the cars on the highway that kills not the speed itself.

A) Idiot driving 40mph on highway.
B) Speedfreak (
) going 140mph.

If people would be a little bit better educated on how to behave on the highway there would be far less accidents.

Just my 0.02.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
yeah most traffic laws are pretty retarded...

i understand that they're there to protect, but it doesnt keep them from being incredibly stupid

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i was watching a program on TLC about the autoban some expert said that if the US were to have one every simple american would have to be retaught to drive
and i would have to agree since they all insist on doing the speed limit in the left(fast) lane and not getting out of the way when someone is coming up on them

·
Registered
413 Posts
my friend got pulled over for goin 13 over on the Maine Turnpike, but a completely unmarked cop. $100 bs ticke.
not only that, I was in another car, cruising right with him, AND that was the flow of traffic.

sucks to hear about you gettin pulled over... still waitin for mine.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Here they will let you get away with nine over on highways, 4 over on city streets.

We don't have points, so its just like a 150 ticket every time you go in there, and it gets higher in 5MPH incriments.

A few months ago, they had a speed trap on 360, which is a major highway through the middle of the metroplex. they gave out 23,000 tickets in the morning commute. they had groups of three cops set up about every mile or so all the way through the central corridor. Now that is jack ass extroidinaire.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are pretty nice about knocking the speed down here in DE though. I got 63 in a 25 knocked down to 34 in a 25. The thing about that which pissed me off is:
#1 it was a 35mph zone
#2 the cop paced me and another car at the same time...right...like that's not BS

Anyways, good luck with the ticket. I guess you can't pull the pay $5 extra trick if you want to contest it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Here they will let you get away with nine over on highways, 4 over on city streets.

We don't have points, so its just like a 150 ticket every time you go in there, and it gets higher in 5MPH incriments.

A few months ago, they had a speed trap on 360, which is a major highway through the middle of the metroplex. they gave out 23,000 tickets in the morning commute. they had groups of three cops set up about every mile or so all the way through the central corridor. Now that is jack ass extroidinaire.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**Sounds like they had a budget shortfall and had to make it up. What a money grab. Can you imagine how much moula 23,000 tickets will bring in?

JettaSue

2003 Jetta GLS 2.0l
Galactic Blue Meanie

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you speed, do they cut your clutch foot off on the East Coast, too? Out here in California, I got a ticket for doing 94 in a 55 construction zone. 300 bucks and a stupid 3-hour(although I'm thankful for the convenience) online traffic course, and my record is clear, as long as I don't get another ticket within a year.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah 13 is not that much over but u were still going over and cops are gay like that. If they need to they will pull over for 5 over. Makes no diff, u were still speeding. How did he clock u? Gun or his own estimate? Watch out next time and be extra careful cause the next thing u know a cop is on your ass. if u want to speed do it on the freeway. In my opinion it is the easiest to get away with if u keep a constant look out. Still good to know that u aren't going the speed limit in ur dub, cause who the hell is?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts