VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone. web pageis having a christmas special on chips!!! Check out thier site to get in on it. I was just at the shop the other day and they showed me. Just thought I would pass it on- in case anyone is getting a chip for christmas. Thanks.
web page

·
Registered
777 Posts
ragging people is frowned upon so i will try to sound professional about this...

you can take this as you wish but to me the page seems to be a ploy to get e-mail addresses to sell to advertisment companies, a popup for a free coupon on the main page rewarded after you give your e-mail address, absolutely no prices, you must give your e-mail address and have the prices sent to you, i apologize if this is a legit site, but if not were pretty nice folks, and tis the season and all post a link and ill click on it a time or two for you but lets not try to be smug about it....

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Or my favorite... the old register a name JUST to put up an advertisment... somewhere other than resources or the trading post.

This whole advertising on the forums thing is getting pretty damn old. As much as I'd hate to say it... we might have to get some Vortex style rules typed up regarding advertising. Lock them, delete them, kill the accounts of repeat offenders. Whatever has to be done to make it stop.

The truth... I own a business, sometimes I say "hey, I'll give you a deal if you want one" in a respose to a post... but starting a thread to advertise is just annoying.

[ November 29, 2003: Message edited by: Fourt1thirty ]

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike1.8TVW:
Hey Everyone. web pageis having a christmas special on chips!!! Check out thier site to get in on it. I was just at the shop the other day and they showed me. Just thought I would pass it on- in case anyone is getting a chip for christmas. Thanks.
web page
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like the same people who spam you with fake friend subject lines like "you've got to see this picture", or something bad like it.
Don't pretend to be a member when all your'e doing is pimping your company in a deceptive way. It's just plain low. Your site sucks. Esp the intro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts