VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you read my new member post You will know more about what is going on She has an 07 gti I know about cars and turbos but nothing about VW. I want to give it some power but dont no where to start maybe some cool stickers?? JK :) Things I would like to know: Good Sites, Free mods that dont throw codes, I have a budget, so what to start with, I know from working on my car in the past that you dont always need the name brands. So what has worked for you? How much does the car boost stock? Can I put a boost adjuster on there? how much can the stock turbo boost safely? Please tell me things I need and need to stay away from I dont want to buy some part that wont help or I dont need. TIA and I can't wait to get started :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
your around 10 to 12lbs of boost stock. only way to boost mosre is flash ecu. apr fully loaded is around 699.00. vw is not cheap to get hp out of. even a simple intake will run you around 300.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your around 10 to 12lbs of boost stock. only way to boost mosre is flash ecu. apr fully loaded is around 699.00. vw is not cheap to get hp out of. even a simple intake will run you around 300.
Thats no good, so there are no free mods you can do? Like taking someting out or porting something? If not I guess I will start with air/fuel and boost gauge. I still have the question of how much boost the stock engine and turbo can handle?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thats no good, so there are no free mods you can do? Like taking someting out or porting something? If not I guess I will start with air/fuel and boost gauge. I still have the question of how much boost the stock engine and turbo can handle?
lol well if a ecu flash changes it to 22 to 23lbs. i would say around there. lol it changes nothing to motor or turbo just the ecu is remapped. there are no cheap or free mods in vw world for hp. check vwvortex for more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts