VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to this website so i'm not sure if i'm posting in the right place! I have a 2008 Jetta with some problems. The following issues started ONE DAY after my 60 day warranty expired (lucky me):

-Car locks don't work properly- if I "lock" the car, the driver door, passenger door, rear passenger side door all lock, but you can open the rear driver side door without the alarm going off.

-Windows will not go down- My drivers side window and both back windows never go down. The only window that always goes down is the passenger window. The back passenger side window will go down occasionally, but only if the button is pushed up or down from the back passenger side, not the drivers window control panel. Also, the child lock button for the windows does not lock the windows (my dog who knows how to put down car windows made that issue clear to me).

-The air conditioning does not work. Honestly, when I bought the car it was May, and I might not have even checked to make sure it worked. Either way, when it is 85 degrees plus in the summer and both my windows and AC don't work, I'm not a happy camper :(

-Right mirror defroster doesn't work but the left one does.

-Lastly, the button to pop my trunk does not work. This is odd because the switch that pops open my gas tank flap works, and it is right next to the trunk button.

Obviously some of these things are more important to fix than others (ie mirror issue). I've checked the fuses in my car, and they're all fine. This may be a wiring harness issue? I am definitely not a car person so I have no clue what's going on with this car. I know if I take my car to a VW dealership they'll charge me a ridiculous amount of money, so any input or suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Thank you!!
Samantha

1 - 1 of 1 Posts