VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some bastard backed up into the front end of my car and hit it good. We were at a stop sign, he was in front, and he was stupid enough to want to hit reverse so's he could make a U-turn. It was over at Maryland U, where the streets are one lane each way, I don't know WHAT he was thinking when he made that stupid decision. In any case, here's some pics:

That's my sister making light of the situation. Fortunately the front end/bumper wasn't pushed in, so it's all cosmetic for the most part. Just REALLY pissed me off today is all.

In other news, I just got back from my 2 1/2 week trip to Puerto Rico to visit family and enjoy some vacation. Besides all the fun beach time and such, the VW scene down there was surprisingly well represented. Lots of MK2 Cabrios and old school Bugs, some Vanagons as well. Hopefully my cousin will get the pics developed and sent soon enough for me to post some!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Now time to take the Insurance money and upgrade the grill and lights

jon

·
Registered
131 Posts
sorry to hear that, last picture was kinda chuckable tho, i just had to print it out and show my rents

Zak

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it was worth a few chuckles. I'm gonna purchase the rally grill myself (if I can find it somewhere within my vicinity) and stick the guy the receipt. I might stick with the stock headlamps and maybe just replace the bulbs with a whiter light, not sure. That hood better go down when it's fixed (appointment for next Tuesday), or I'll be f*cking peeved beyond reproach.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TruBluJettaMK2:
Yeah it was worth a few chuckles. I'm gonna purchase the rally grill myself (if I can find it somewhere within my vicinity) and stick the guy the receipt. I might stick with the stock headlamps and maybe just replace the bulbs with a whiter light, not sure. That hood better go down when it's fixed (appointment for next Tuesday), or I'll be f*cking peeved beyond reproach.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it doesn't close just get a bfh and make it. The 2 most inportant tools you can own are a big hammer and some duct tape.

·
Registered
349 Posts
yeah man duct tape is the shit. i work at a toyota / lexus dealership and there was a lexus in there last week with duct tape over a hole on the one door. gave us all quite a laugh

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bluemk2:
yeah man duct tape is the shit. i work at a toyota / lexus dealership and there was a lexus in there last week with duct tape over a hole on the one door. gave us all quite a laugh
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, now you've got me worried about what they're gonna do to my car at the body shop!

Hey 89, I probably would take a bfh to the hood, but it's the principles of the situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts