VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mk4 is up for sale. Giving myself til Feb. The latest to sell it as is. If I still own it by then, its going to be stripped, parted out then scrapped. No longer want to put money into it. Lost interest. Just need to move on. Will not get another mk4 unless its an R that is unmolested....so yeah I'm not going to be back.

·
4,054 Posts
No :( Who's going to come up with ingenius ways to create parts?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will post some stuff that is already off in the for sale section. The Oem roof bars are off and ready to be sold. Stubby bullet antenna, some Oem inner tie rods, Oem euroswitch.
I would much rather part it out. I will probably get around $4000 for everything if I can get what the going rate for parts is. I will post everything here first before vortex to give anyone here first dibs.

·
4,054 Posts
Would you still stick around since you have the MK5?

·
Registered
63 Posts
You might try the Effros method to sell parts. He claims to have sold a car without an engine using this.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I had the balls right now to start gutting it. Part of me wants to just hope it sells as is and its less of a headache for me. Yet another part of me wants to get the pleasure of removing absolutely everything on it. Plus it will be a constant cash flow over time. Selling a few part here and there rather than the big chunk of change at once. Plus I might skin the quarter panel off and hang it in my garage as a memento.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe a friend of mine wants it. Asking $125 for it. Should know this weekend if he takes it or not.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will take 3 goats, 8 chickens(4 hens and 4 roosters) and a young pig.

·
4,054 Posts
i would love to take the wheels, i just dont think i can pull of 17s with konis :(
Put some meaty tires on them and crank them all the way down. I'm sure you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts