VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new to the forum so here's my problem. As I said in my intro I drive an 03 vw jetta 2.8 l vr6 with 107k miles. It only happens when the car sits for awhile. Let's say I leave the car in garage overnight then go to start it on a cold start. I start the engine, it revs up to about 1000 to 1100 rpms somewhere around there, then when it comes down after 5 to 10 seconds the engine starts making a loud knocking sound that last 5 to 10 minutes then subsides. However when driving around it frequently makes a ticking noise when you push on the accelerator. I have taken it to two different vw dealerships, the first said its lifters. So I take it to the other one an hour away and leave it. They tell me they have never had a lifter problem where they had to change and said it was the cam tensioner. I have had work done from both dealerships over the past 5 years and both have given me solutions to problems and issues on my car that I paid for and it didn't fix. My car never use to make this sound but starting two years ago it started and its very loud and annoying and don't want it to damage my engine please help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts