VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about this N75 race valve? Is it dangerous if you're chipped?

I know ECS makes one and VW uses a modified version of it on the new passat.

And can't you just tune the factory N75 valve by just turning the screw?

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
matter of fact an race n75 is a must if you are chipped--- don't play w/ the factory one, yes it is adjustable but is not likely you will be able to get it tuned exactly right--- go w/ the ecs. I am orderring mine next week-- i drove my friends w/ the race n75 and its awesome-- the rpms hold out a little longer and alot smoother towards red line. it allows you to comfotably accelerate to above 6000 w/o boost dropping off, compared to the stock that drops around 5500. you should check out 20vturbo.com there is alot of help and insight over there for OUR engines. not to knock anyone here, its just their sight is focussed toward the 1.8t specifically.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it is effective, but is it safe? Doesn't it just cause you to run higher boost?

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
i see you are also a member of 20VTURBO.COM go there and run a search-- most everyone there will tell you that it is a necessity on a chipped car-- it does not up the boost just simply allows you to run higher boost levels--- but i am still learning too so go there and run a search---

1 - 4 of 4 Posts