VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm stock I guess I can't have an opinion but having read past threads I see there is a lot of variation on what exahust people like. I know a fair number of you guys have experience with a few different systems b/c you have installed them or have friends with various exhausts so I thought it would be nice to see all the opinions together and see who comes out on top based on popular opinion. Let the games begin...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
Milltek
GHL
EG Solid / XI Autowerks
TT
Magnaflow
Neuspeed
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that order? (milltek being your fav)

·
Registered
167 Posts
milltek
milltek
milltek

I am real happy with my milltek exhaust on my 24v Vr6. Its not to loud and it doesn't drone but when you get on it sounds very sweet, esepcially in parking garages

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Agreed, milltek sounds badass...i have heard it on an A4 and was in need of new pants after hearing it..nice low growl..good luck
--dave--

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
milltek
thermal reasearch and design
remus

I wanted milltek, but it was too expensive for me. I have a thermal cat back stainless 2.25" system on my vr, and I love the sound. I think its similar to milltek. I got it used off a guy who had it on his 1.8t for $250. and I heard a remus system on a remus's show car. sooo sweet.
here's a link to hear my car (drive by):
LINK to SILVER GTI's THERMAL CAT BACK SYSTEM
let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverstoneGTI:
try www.stratmosphere.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking here it seems that you need to have the rear valence with the cutout for the exhaust - am I correct?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
Looking here it seems that you need to have the rear valence with the cutout for the exhaust - am I correct?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is correct. here is a link for the valence: LINK
I got mine on the tex. met a guy in state college, PA to pick it up. $50 used. I just looked on the tex, and saw that you can get them from the dealership. Here is what "Sawdust" on the tex says "You can get one from the dealer. Its a stock part. (not 4 motion, but dual cut out) looks the exact same." Im pretty sure its 2002-2003 years that have the cutout (that are not 4-motion). hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll have to keep that in mind - I actually kind of like the way the 2002.5+ has the cutout and I sort of wanted one anyway. I wonder how much the deal charges for that...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
milltec
thermal
neuspeed

i dont have a vr but heard all these.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So it is just that very bottom part - so no painting required? For 60 bucks that is a steal!!! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Since you live in NH you could drive to MA and get a custom exhaust made at Lou's Custom Exhaust. They don't carry any brands of mufflers I love, I would recomend getting one elsewhere and bringing it to them, but other than that they do great work. I had them do a cat back system for me, but I don't like the muffler I chose and I only had them do 2.25". This spring/summer I'm going to hopefully get one done there with a Borla muffler from the manifold back, either 2.5 or 3".

1 - 20 of 29 Posts